• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] rolled parchment from ches em event

B

Bladez

this is from ches and i bought it from some dude. how much is it? i mite sell if it is worth much.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why can't you just buy 100 books and just use inscription to make 100 more? Pretty much worth 15 gp

B

Bladez

Why can't you just buy 100 books and just use inscription to make 100 more? Pretty much worth 15 gp
can insciption be used on em event stuff? i wud think that they make it so it can't since an em made it but i dont have inscription to try it

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone person can just make a replica of that book so it isn't worth anything im afraid.

If your human you have JOAT so you have 20 in each skill including inscription in which you can copy books, will just take maybe 2-3 tries.

B

Bladez

yeah i tried it to and that blows. y wud they bother making event items like that then? event items are suposed to be worth sumthing. glad i only paid 50k which i can make back in like 20 mins. i bought it from a guy named joe :(

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were you at the event? It might not even have came from a event... he could have just made that story up.

D

DVI

It may have also been part of the event. Just an item used in the story line the EM had created but was not intended to be considered a Rare from the event itself.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I wouldn't suggest copying an EM book being used in the Township roleplay setup by EM Dudley. I am sure their are ways for them to check if the book is legitimate. To be able to even use it here is a quote from Dudley

"Scrolls will only be accepted from the Township leader or their appointed ambassador to the Crown."

D

DVI

uhm, you messed up and used the pix I created today, not the op's which were to support manti's statement that these books were easy to replicate. I created the book to show that it could be done, so its very possible I made an error while typing.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Good to know and good to know that can happen this way. Someone selling such a book could stand to make a little profit.