• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rojjin Gives Advise on Grouping Skills

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

A veteran Project: Gorgon player, Rojjin, gave a talk on various topics of interest. I want to focus on grouping and combat skills, as it seems to be what trips most folk up.

One thing to keep in mind is that nothing seen, said or experienced in game right now is set in stone. This game is still considered to be in the Alpha stage. There will be changes, rebalances and nerfs. Also another person’s experience may not be your own. But one person’s experience may lead you on a path of discovery you hadn’t thought of yet. This is what I hope this discussion has done for me.

Grouping in the sense that most gamers think is hard here because of a couple different things. Random groups lack adequate healing and when you die, you are transported back to the beginning of the dungeon. I hear there is a ressurection spell in the works, but what about healing?

In Rojjin’s experience, 2-3 archers running Mentalism can take on most dungeons. The only gear necessary would be archer gear that gives a percentage to cause stun. All members of the group would cast Armor over Time as it stacks, making your health a non-issue.

Mentalism, he explained, is important for duration effects. It also has a skill you can get in the Myconian Dungeon, called Pain Bubble that is very helpful.

For damage, it important to find armor that gives bonuses to combat skill. Lycanthrope has an armor piece that gives a percentage chance of extra damage.

I complained that this armor is hard to get if you can’t hit or do damage to a boss. I was pleased to learn that the best armor presently in game is crafted. Each armor slot within a skill gives a specific type of bonus. You just have to keep making it until you get piece that gives the amount you want, that will make that difference in your game. Rarity colors go in this order: white, green, blue, purple, yellow.

Rojin spoke of archery and Lycanthrope as being the best, but I wonder. Is there cow bonuses out there that would put me in the running? Time to find out!

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Late to the party but wanted to mention that Armor Wave shouldn't stack! You can't have more than 3 of each of the "Wave" effects on you, and a single Mentalist can get and keep three of them running on her own, so if you have multiple Mentalists in the group, they need to each pick a different kind of Wave.

If they really do stack beyond three, please report that as a bug in game (or here) because it really shouldn't!

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I haven''t grouped with multiple Mentalists in awhile, but I know all the waves USED to stack