• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rogal asks a great question! Please read.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
From the Scammers Thread. How many Napa Players actually read the forum and get informed on the current shard issues. If your from Napa Let's chime in.

1. Nabin

G

I think everyone that posts here is from the Napa shard. The real question is what percentage of Napa players actually view Stratics.

I

imported_IgotWood

or as silly as it sounds, don't know about it...i know me and my brother read it but alot of people just think of stratics as the front site and not the boards at all..i love it since im always at work and get to keep up

G

I havn't read the forums or logged in for over 9 months now. nice to see a few names I remember.

G

I check the Napa forum, and about 1/4 of the class/skill specific forums at least daily. Also any scams/bad stuff posted hear I pass on to my guildies so it's definately read.

Rey~

G

Ah Rogal Dorn... bank sitting where others feared to linger, lol. Yup Snakeman and Poppa Shango aka Kron were also involved in the bracing of that wall.

I musta done something right. I was the player elected Mayor of Minoc for two years straight

The above mentioned and myself also did something good for minoc, those shiny green trash chests we hollered for long enough got put in, hehe.

I'm going to gather a few like minded people this week and drop a ton of books around Napa with this forum address in it. Get people coming in here and reading/posting.

M

Millie

<blockquote><hr>

Rogal...Our Irish freind who became a Legendary wall brace holding up one side of the Minoc bank all those years ago?

[/ QUOTE ]
RoFL... Wows they got your number Big Blue!

As an answere to Nabin, I read both places most every day.

G

I started a char on Atlantic for the big factions event which a couple hundred players look to be involved in and to my surprise very few regular players on Atl even know it is happening. And very few of them have ever heard of Stratics.

EA should push the Stratics web site much more.

I

imported_AustinRules

I was here six months or so before I found stratics. Sure made UO a lot easier. It is important for newbies(especially those who are alone) to know about stratics and it's also the best way for the community to prepare for an 'event'. To bad there wasn't a permanent book, with info about stratics, locked down in front of the bank in New Haven.

M

MysticLlamaFTW

Sadly, I doubt EA is going to promote stratics much... even though stratics has been a primary source of information to players as far back as I can remember (97ish) - EA is now actually trying to bring their own game info database up to speed. Which, on the one hand, can be viewed as an admirable effort, since new players who buy the game will know about the official website from the packaging, on the other hand its kinda sad. For many years about the only useful information on uo.com was information about guilds.

As far as scams... if you blow 23 mil at a vendor without looking twice at what you're buying . . . and dont tell me yer a noob with 23 mil, cuz I aint buying that. People in UO have just gotten a little too lazy, cuz we've been playing so long, and had so many aspects of the game made more secure for us, that we are forgetting to think. (MasterP, back me up here - I've read your post in the other thread..) Maybe old players have a real advantage with pre-T2A experience - during times when a new scam was around every corner, and no one gave a sheit; your house got looted, your ship was stolen, but life didn't stop. Face it, no one is gonna get put on the Oprah show for losing digital money in a game. And if you think security is good, let's look at the number of folks we're playing with today as opposed to any number of years ago.

I realize 23 mil is a big chunk of money, certanly more than I've ever had at one time. But theoretically (and practically - given UO's history) and given that UO is a roleplaying game, one that is outstanding in its complexity ~ wouldn't that mean that it's supposed to resemble life? And arent thieves and scammers a part of life? How different are the scammers of UO from folks who try to sell you that crap on TV? ("Why certanly Jane, this knife can cut through the hull of a russian submarine.. after which it will still be sharp enough to slice them tomatoes onboard your newly infiltrated nuclear vessel" - Wow Jim, that is amazing! Your TV knife is teh leet!)

G

Whats sad about that is I used to be able to see a half dozen or more people at the Minoc bank just about any time of day.

Now, except for those lucky times one of the guilds like LRON is congregating at the bank, you never see anyone at the Monic bank anymore.....

And now that the rules on NPC buyback have changed, I will be seeing less of all of the towns.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I will support the book drop. I think it is a great idea. We need to get everyone to a focal point in order to generate the energy of the shard and kick start some player run events. Beside I would love to stamp out a few scammers.

I also like the comments someone made regarding a book at the New Haven Bank. Maybe we could specify a spot and all of us swing by there at our various times of game play and just make sure it exists.

Live Work Play Napa !!!!!!!!!

Lord Nabin

G

I stop in at least once a day, take a peek, reply if the mood strikes. But then you all knew that ...

A

Amethyst of Napa

I regularly check stratics and this forum, I just do not post very often. Usually when I post it deals with major problem or a proposed change to the game that I feel will cause a negative impact to our player base.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*drags up old thread, dusts it off, returns to lurking*

F

five oclock

Kirthag

you so need to post more! Amazing words you have

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
<blockquote><hr>

Ah Rogal Dorn... bank sitting where others feared to linger, lol. Yup Snakeman and Poppa Shango aka Kron were also involved in the bracing of that wall.

I musta done something right. I was the player elected Mayor of Minoc for two years straight

The above mentioned and myself also did something good for minoc, those shiny green trash chests we hollered for long enough got put in, hehe.

I'm going to gather a few like minded people this week and drop a ton of books around Napa with this forum address in it. Get people coming in here and reading/posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Did the book drop ever happen? I really liked this idea. If not let's get it going I am willing to help just let me know what I need to do!!

Lord Nabin