• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RoE's

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it'd be a good idea to post some of the common rules of engagement that most of the rp community follows. Most of the pre-RBG guilds follow these rules, and most of them have various other rules as part of their RoE. Most of these guilds, and I can't speak for them only PGoH, won't even consider highlighting unless some general rules are followed.

1. Respect. Plain and simple respect for other people, their characters, and their stories.
2. No looting. Unless it's part of a story and arranged ahead of time with the one being looted most guilds won't even allow members to look in the body, much less loot anything from it.
3. Interaction before fighting. Whether it's a simple "leave or die" or a more involved discussion there should be interaction before every fight. The exception being approved ambush situations, or other things of that nature.
4. Alternate actions should be allowed before fighting, such as the paying of a tribute or leaving the area
5. If you are slain in battle there is a 30 minute death robe rule in effect. You can talk, gather your items, and otherwise move around while under death robe but you are wounded and not able to continue fighting. This usually includes leaving the area and returning on an alt to continue fighting. You are also unattackable while under death robe. There is to be no res killing of people.

Naturally almost every guild has more in their RoE and may explain things differently then I have in this post. I'd like to see if we can get a couple of the older rpers to post their guild's RoE as an example to those wanting to form their own guilds and take part in our community. I'll start with ours.

I . Everyone role-plays differently. You may not like someone's method of interacting but if they are maintaining a character, respect that. Respect of others is tantamount to any form of interaction whether in game or out.

II . Remain in character as best as possible. Of course you may slip from your intended path from time to time. Use your judgment in role-play, but here are some guidelines on what to refrain from:

i . Use of Kewl-Dewd terminology. It is strictly prohibited. We aren ' t all going to speak in olde English but let ' s try not to include modern language or slang whenever possible.

ii . Do not openly discuss stats and skills in their raw values. Use the titles granted such as Journeyman or Master within the game. If you must tell someone the exact value use one of the methods granted by the Gods (whisper and party talk) or your Pigeon, Dragon, Familiar (or whatever role-play name you call ICQ).

III . Know the guilds we highlight. This means Enemies, Neutrals and Allies. Not all highlighted guilds/peoples are " hostiles "

IV . Interaction with " enemies " may often result in combat. Be mindful that not all encounters must go this route, and that certain guilds will often opt for something other than straight combat. There may be taunts, jests and the like. Highlighting is to enhance game play, not to provide an excuse for mindless battle.

V . When engaging the enemy, many guilds will offer or warn in some manner that they are about to attack. Don ' t be blind to such warnings. As members of PGoH, you are expected to do this yourself, 'tis the honorable thing to do, but not all guilds will do so.

VI . If you trespass upon another guild ' s lands and they are " enemies " , expect that you will be attacked on sight. While PGoH will issue challenges to anything other than what resembles a war party, other guilds, such as the Orc Clans, are very territorial.

VII . Should you slay your opponent in combat you must adhere to the following:

i . Do Not Loot!!!

ii . When it is safe to do so, resurrect them.

VIII . Death of yourself should be treated in the following manner. There are absolutely no exceptions to this.

i . Should you die, wait for resurrection from a fellow guild member or should the situation dictate, your attackers.

ii . Upon resurrection you are to remain in a death robe for 30 minutes. You are not to block or interfere with any events going on until that 30 minute period has passed. Do not hold any weapon or spell book (except to heal yourself or remove yourself from the scene, then remove it). Note, if you leave the scene you must still wear your death robe. You are still the " walking dead " for that 30 minute period.

iii . Should you have reason to dispute the action taken against you, remove yourself.

IX . Tamers are to use their best judgement as to whether a particular pet or combination of pets is fair and honorable for use in any given situation.

X . We will end where we began. Respect others. We all play this for entertainment. Treat others with respect and you will get the same in return. (Remember, respect from some in role-play may not outwardly appear as such, but it is there nonetheless.) Should you feel you have been treated in a manner not fitting with standard RoE, please contact the Praetorian Prefect, the Senator of War, a Praetorian Officer, or the Emperor, in that order.

XI. Guild title and abbreviation must be turned on at all times.

XII. Legion members must be in uniform at all times unless instructed otherwise.

The complete Codex including standard code of conduct and probably much more then you ever wanted to know about internal guild structure, uniforms and other things can be found at this link.T.H.E.: The Purple Guardians of Honor

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thom is right and most guilds follow very similar rulesets though wording may be different; this is the RoE for the Freehold of Roses [Rose], we have been using this RoE since 2007 adapting it from the [BHT] RoE that was used for years previous to founding our guild.

Updated 06:19:09

i. The Freehold of Roses [Rose] is a role play guild, when in public it is stressed that you remain in character at all times. Instant messengers or party/guild chat is available for OoC communication should the need arise.

ii. Members of the freehold follow White Wolf Publishing's Changeling the Dreaming theme for their role play. Special powers called arts can be learned by our members, permission must be obtained for any art to be used in RP with anyone outside the guild.
===

1. We do not fight or even attack our enemies without reason. Many of those "highlighted" with us are allies. Therefore, an orange highlight is NOT a free kill.

2. Never attack without warning or some kind of interaction with the character in question. This is to establish first they are "awake" (not afk or have lost con), and second that they are willing to fight.

3. If a character does not wish to fight, do not engage them. Take them prisoner, demand tribute, or ask them to leave the area. If you demand they leave the area, and they return, they are fair game.

4. Never attack at a town bank or inside the Abbey in Yew.

5. NO LOOTING! Do not even open a character's corpse.
  • * ONLY exceptions to this are if there are looters in the area or a chance the corpse will decay before the character can return. Gather the fallen's things and hold them until they return.
    * Or there is an item specifically needed to be looted as a part of a quest or story.
6. If you are slain in battle, you are considered wounded or unconscious. Resurrect, return to your corpse, collect your things, and leave. It is mandatory that you, do not re-enter the battle, do not heal characters still fighting, and that you remain in your death robe for 30 minutes. This is non-negotiable.

7. Never attack someone who is wearing a death robe and is collecting their belongings. If they break RoE and re-enter the battle, contact the guild mistress and inform her of the incident. Under no circumstances are you to confront a member of another guild, whether or not you believe you have been wronged.

8. Alternate characters are forbidden in a role played battle. If you are slain in battle you are not permitted to get another character of the same guild or even another guild to continue the fight.

9. Tamer pets who have been role played as companions so that the guild/community knows you are a tamer and they guard you, may be used when under attack.

10. Again it is stressed that respecting your fellow role players is the most important rule.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
NME RoE:

1. Kill em all unless I tell you not to.

2. Loot 'em up! Put the extra pots in the guild house.

3. If you are killed in battle get your butt ressed and stocked up and get back in the fight asap. If you're in stat get on an alt.

4. RK as much as possible. The longer they stay down the better!

5. Never attack with any kind of warning if you can help it.

6. Kick 'em when they are down.

7. Steal their kittens.

8. *high five* Appropriately.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
NME RoE:

3. If you are killed in battle get your butt ressed and stocked up and get back in the fight asap. If you're in stat get on an alt.

7. Steal their kittens.

:lol:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you imagine how Flutter's high school reunion would be like?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My revision of the RP RoE.

1. Respect (OOC, IC we're still rude, smelly pirates)

The rest fall under rule one.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NME RoE:

7. Steal their kittens.

This would be a hell of a lot of fun till the servers caught up to all the highlight drops and left us wiffing at shadows...

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This would be a hell of a lot of fun till the servers caught up to all the highlight drops and left us wiffing at shadows...
Pretty sure that wouldn't take too long either if we followed that RoE *grins*

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NME RoE:

7. Steal their kittens.

See, this is why I like you so much. That and the fact that you never kill me.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But take off the "Steal their kittens" rule, and I'm all for it.

Pirates love our kittens.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But take off the "Steal their kittens" rule, and I'm all for it.

Pirates love our kittens.
Yeah, I have to agree with this. I am down to two kittens, and would like to keep them a bit longer.

(All my cats are getting old)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NME RoE:

7. Steal their underpants.

FLUTTER! Made revisions... *evil grin*
I'd very much like to keep my kittens (Aedon mine are 16 and 14 yrs old LOL), underpants I can do without. ;)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
NME RoE:

7. Steal their underpants.

FLUTTER! Made revisions... /evil grin I'd very much like to keep my kittens (Aedon mine are 16 and 14 yrs old LOL), underpants I can do without. ;)
Umm.. yeah ... umm no offense but... PASS.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for CoD --- currently we're not ready to engage in wars, and I just recently found out that because we're in an alliance (and we love those folks really), we cannot be declared against. :( SUCKS because a lot of our members are reactivating slowly and getting them some gear is important and its why we use our alliance.

BUT NONE THE LESS, once we're in better shape gear-wise we will follow our old rules from many years before, adding in a 30 mins re-engagement rule like others.

This is taken from our GUILD RULES page: Guild Rules | The Children of Darkness

5) Be honest, courteous, and respectful to other fellow players regardless of affiliation, guild, or play-style. When engaging in theme wars, we keep to a very simple outline of rules:
  • DO NOT GO OOC – RP PvP engagements must be done IN CHARACTER at all times.
  • DO NOT ATTACK WITHOUT WARNING – This means, be sure you ROLE PLAY your intentions to attack and they confirm.
  • DO NOT KILL AFK’ERS – If they cannot confirm your intentions, they are considered AFK; do not engage.
  • DO NOT LOOT – Ever, do not even look in a body.
  • DO NO RESS KILL – In fact, you should offer a resurrection if you can.
  • DO NOT RE-ENGAGE A KILLED PLAYER – You should wait a reasonable amount of time for the player to regroup.
  • DO NOT RE-ENGAGE AFTER BEING KILLED – You are required to wear your death robes over your armor after you recollect for 30 mins. However, for large scale battles between groups, once you are dead there is absolutely NO RE-ENGAGEMENT allowed. Use this time to role play injuries or other befitting conditions.
  • DO NOT “TURN SOMEONE A VAMPIRE” – Your role play must not turn someone into a vampire without previous consent from the player.
6) No member of CoD can flag as a MURDERER without a story or plot associated with the “in character” action that should be pre-cleared with the leaders. ”Going Red” without prior clearance will cause an immediate trial and possible excommunication from our coven. Accidental mishaps, well we all have those… we are afterall vampires. Just know that whomever you may sink your fangs into, may bring you up on charges… which are then role played into trials.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NME RoE:

7. Steal their kittens.

You forgot Make them cry if at all possible.
Also "taunt when you kill them"

C

Corvak

But I like whole wheat bread D:

Far as ROE's go, they should be short and to the point. I think its a good idea posting them here as well :)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I like whole wheat bread D:

Far as ROE's go, they should be short and to the point. I think its a good idea posting them here as well :)
Short and sweet always works best. We do not need to bog down RP in too many rules and regulations.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You forgot Make them cry if at all possible.
Also "taunt when you kill them"
Nay, they are famous for crying, no one has to "make them cry" they never stop.

Taunting is a personal choice. Normally demoralization is not frowned upon, but generally found to be unnecessary, and is not a rule.