• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TV Robin Williams as the American Flag

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Oldie but a goodie. What he says towards the end, at the 4 min mark or so, hits home given all the take a knee stuff in liberal media right now. The whole video is worth watching, and remembering. Robin was hillarious, a natural funny guy the world could use more of imo.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like the video, but I do tend to have an issue with it when people get super aggressive about others disrespecting the flag when they themselves disrespect the same flag all the time without even realizing. It just comes off as very hypocritical to me.

For example, directly from the U.S. flag code:
  • The flag should not be used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery", or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general (exception for coffins).
That means that anyone who owns an American flag shirt, bed covers, bathing suit etc. are automatically disrespecting the flag.
  • The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose.
Just about every car dealership in the country has flags for advertising purposes, along with many television commercials etc. which is automatic disrespect to the flag.
  • The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
I have known people who had a flag stuck to the ceiling above their bed, or on the inside of their car roof. Automatic disrespect.
  • The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform.
This is an American athlete at the Olympics. Automatic disrespect.

bd22dcb37ec3a46385baede078308927--track-and-field-female-athletes.jpg

• The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything
Flag basket. Automatic disrespect.

Zakka-Large-font-b-American-b-font-font-b-Flag-b-font-Jute-Storage-Box-Barrels.jpg

My point is that people shouldn't be so hasty with the "they disrespected the flag, they are a traitor!" thing that gets thrown around so often these days. The majority of the country breaks the U.S. flag code on a yearly basis, and they obviously aren't all traitors.