• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Ringmail Bod Reward Per Ingot Chart

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, this is what I do with my time.

First off on the left is a simple chart where I'm just counting up my bods so I can see where I have enough to fill larges and/or where to get bods from to bribe up if I need other levels.

To the right though I calculated the number of ingots needed to fill a 10 large, 15 large, 20 large and compared to the points given for the bod.

My feelings - 20 larges are not worth doing due to the low bump in points for the ingots required. Actually considering dumping/selling all my 20 bods.

I've also color coded the reward chart for the points for a single large where I can get Copper Hammer, Bronze Hammer or gold hammer. The DC and Shadow are irrelevant - i can easily get those from single bods with way less ingots required and the Copper to Gold Hammers are the only real decent reward on the charts at those levels.

Maybe this is interesting to someone. Just sharing my work. Ringmail Bods.jpg

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While I can see the logic, the problem is that it's almost impossible to bribe something up and not end up at 20 count eventually. This might be less true for smith, but it's all too much a problem with the other crafting skills.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I can see the logic, the problem is that it's almost impossible to bribe something up and not end up at 20 count eventually. This might be less true for smith, but it's all too much a problem with the other crafting skills.

Well bribe the 10's and 15s as needed. When they get to 20 pitch or consider filling for single bod rewards like POF. The 4 piece is simply not worth it at 20 qty.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well bribe the 10's and 15s as needed. When they get to 20 pitch or consider filling for single bod rewards like POF. The 4 piece is simply not worth it at 20 qty.
Yep - at least we can do POF. The loss of a LBOD when it goes 20 is a bit much.

It's one of the reasons I try to just fill from mined ingots - if you try to sell colored ingots on most shards, they just get bought before the locals can find them, and transferred to Atlantic. And, I only fill the 20 Ringmail LBODs for direct (non-banking) rewards (or use in artisan festivals), not points.

When it comes to value for banking points, I think the Weapons LBODs are where it's at. You can fill the normals from NPCs (though you have to go to a weaponsmith, not a blacksmith, for war forks), and if you mine for colored ore, iron ingots are basically free for crafting ex weapons.

Normal weapons 20-count LBODs: 0 ingots for 50-90 points (only about 2000-5000 gold)
Exceptional weapons 20-count LBODs: 720-1600 (or so) iron ingots for 90-130 points, depending on the LBOD type. And what else are you going to use iron for? Smalls to get mining tools and 250-use hammers?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I did something similar last year, though I also factored in failure rates and tried to compare cost of resources. For instance -

upload_2019-1-24_21-16-41.png

Filling a 20/n/DC/Plate costs 298k in gold, but I can just buy a shadow runic for 235k if I want it.

On the other hand,

upload_2019-1-24_21-18-39.png

A 10/n/DC/Plate yields a profit for the same hammer.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep - at least we can do POF. The loss of a LBOD when it goes 20 is a bit much.

It's one of the reasons I try to just fill from mined ingots - if you try to sell colored ingots on most shards, they just get bought before the locals can find them, and transferred to Atlantic. And, I only fill the 20 Ringmail LBODs for direct (non-banking) rewards (or use in artisan festivals), not points.

When it comes to value for banking points, I think the Weapons LBODs are where it's at. You can fill the normals from NPCs (though you have to go to a weaponsmith, not a blacksmith, for war forks), and if you mine for colored ore, iron ingots are basically free for crafting ex weapons.

Normal weapons 20-count LBODs: 0 ingots for 50-90 points (only about 2000-5000 gold)
Exceptional weapons 20-count LBODs: 720-1600 (or so) iron ingots for 90-130 points, depending on the LBOD type. And what else are you going to use iron for? Smalls to get mining tools and 250-use hammers?
I actually bribe up all the normal smalls to EX and then fill iron EX weapon larges. Bribing iron is never more than a few hundred gold at most. They make great point turn ins for Val hammers and such or an iron full bod can get you POF. I love filling POF kegs. ;-)

I also tend to bribe things up to gold if i can then fill because gold ingots are so ridiculously easy to get. Not hard to farm a few k in like 20 min. Gold 20 NM smalls get you POF. :)

Once I get more organized - I have shard shields to some dead shards. Great places to take a few books of bods and bribe up using Blacksmiths that have decayed back to zero bribe prices.

Last edited:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did something similar last year, though I also factored in failure rates and tried to compare cost of resources. For instance -

Filling a 20/n/DC/Plate costs 298k in gold, but I can just buy a shadow runic for 235k if I want it.
From the last time I turned in bods it seems that you don't get the gold if you bank the points - only if you claim a reward immediately. That seems like you lose alot of gold by banking points. Downside there maybe I guess unless you get the gold when you claim the top end reward.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wonder what the gold rewards are now?

I turned in some (not smith) LBODs recently, and the 400-450-ish BODs I think were 10k gold for the cash part, and 15k for one in the mid 500s.

We might want to try to organize (possibly using BODs copied to TC) an effort to establish what LBOD rewards are now, what the hold component is for claiming something from banked points, etc.

I seem to remember that small BODs, turned in for a direct reward, gave either 3x the reward point level or 3x the actual points, but forget which.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder what the gold rewards are now?

I turned in some (not smith) LBODs recently, and the 400-450-ish BODs I think were 10k gold for the cash part, and 15k for one in the mid 500s.

We might want to try to organize (possibly using BODs copied to TC) an effort to establish what LBOD rewards are now, what the hold component is for claiming something from banked points, etc.

I seem to remember that small BODs, turned in for a direct reward, gave either 3x the reward point level or 3x the actual points, but forget which.
Well, I turned in a bunch of Iron LBOD's for 20 EX weapons and banked the points till valorite hammer. I got 3,600 gold for claiming the valorite hammer. That is significantly less than the gold that would be paid out for the sum total of iron larges.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So, it looks like the banked point claims are limited to 3xPoint level in Gold.

So, how are the direct reward gold amounts looking? It would be hilarious if smith gold from BODs got nerfed and the other skills got gold like smith had before the others were added.