• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Right-Click Looting On All Containers?

F

Fink

Can we please have right-click-to-take on all containers?

Dungeon chests, T-map chests, Shipwreck chests, House secures, etc.

It would be helpful to have. Of course you couldn't just "take" from vendors without a purchase, and taking from a T-chest would still spawn guardians, and crate-stealing would require the skill, but otherwise it would be consistent.

Thanks.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you mean by "all containers"? Does it not work for some? Or is it something like it being disabled on legacy containers? I haven't tested it since I never liked it so I don't know, but if its the latter I doubt it will ever happen as not being able to easily close containers with a right click was one of the major complaints people had with KR, and the two just don't mix.

O

Old Man of UO

What do you mean by "all containers"? Does it not work for some? ...
What he means is that the right-click to loot only works on corpses. I think Fink is asking it to also work on things like locked down chests in your house.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I know for me it weill not work on legacy containers on corpses but if i switch to grid containers it does...

F

Fink

What do you mean by "all containers"? Does it not work for some? ...
What he means is that the right-click to loot only works on corpses. I think Fink is asking it to also work on things like locked down chests in your house.
Yup, that's it, sorry I wasn't altogether clear. Right-click "corpse looting" for your house secures, for dug-up treasure chests, sea chests, maybe even packhorses? Basically every container type where feasible.

A single right-click on any item in any of these containers would drop the item in your pack, just like looting a mob's corpse.

O

Old Man of UO

A single right-click on any item in any of these containers would drop the item in your pack, just like looting a mob's corpse.
Seconds the motion... all in favor say, "Aye."

Aye

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So long as they leave it out of the legacy containers... was damn annoying having to click a small area at the top of any container window to close them instead of just anywhere.