• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to UO ??'s

G

'allo all! I am returning to UO after a 6 year break. Since I deleted my characters when I quit (for good) the last time, I had to start new characters on my old account. Looking over the forums, I've got a good idea of what I'm going to need as far as skills are concerned. Here they are:

Archery 99.8/110 (+20, if I can get a scroll)
Anatomy 94.6/100
Bushido 75.2/110 (Same as Archery)
Chivalry 63.1/80
Healing 74.7/100
Resist 100/100
Tactics 100/100

Str 100
Dex 120
Int 35

My question mainly has to do with gameplay. I've never been big on PvP, and I'm mostly hunting out in the wild. Since a lot has changed since I left (besides easier skill gain and the advent of paragons, ugh), what can I kill at the moment and how? Being away so long, it feels like I'm playing a new game! My biggest thing is getting used to UOA again...forgot how to do all the macros!

A little assistance would be great! BTW, I play on Cats, so if you play there and want to go hunt, let me know!

C

Connor_Graham

I actually just finished this list last week and should be showing up on the main Stratics site very soon, but since I have it, I've gone ahead and copied it for you:

• 00-30 - Any forest animal or buy from NPC Archery Trainer (up to 33.3)
• 30-60 - Light (Skeletons, Corpsers, Wraiths, etc.)
• 30-80 - Medium (Harpies, Orcs, Ettins, Lizardmen, etc.)
• 80-90 - Heavy Monsters (Bone Knights, Ophidian Avengers, Liches, Elementals, etc.)
• 90-GM - Difficult (Executioners, Dragons, Daemons, etc.)
• GM-120 Very Difficult (Paragon versions of Titans, Daemons, Balrons, etc.)

Now, I'd like to make a couple of suggestions as to your template and stats. First off on your stats, take your Dex to 125 by dropping Str by 10. You're an Archer, so the extra HP's aren't quite as important, and can be made up in other areas very easily, while Dex you're going to want to use everything you can find to get it up to the 150 cap with jewels & armor. For your template I'd suggest this:

Archery 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 110
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Resist 90
Chiv 70

This is assuming a 710 skill cap for you. If you have a 720 cap, then put the extra 10 points into Tactics, taking it up to 120 also. I'll be making that change to my template myself. A good place to go would be the Titan/Cyclops area of Ilshenar just out and to southeast of the Honesty moongate.

Unfortunately we didn't have a volunteer from Catskills when the most recent list was put together or I'd point you in the direction of someone that is up to date on everything that is Archery, but I'm here to answer any questions you might have, so please feel free to either ask here, or send me a PM.

G

What can you recommend (in simple terms) for armor for said template? I am just coming back too and struggling with all the choices out there. Thank you for the reply.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
armor is really up to what you can find and how you work it.

you basically have a couple of choices. you can go with arties, or go with runic made.

anything you can find, that gets you in the 60s for resists + some stat bonus that you can work with to get your dex to 150 and your str atleast 100 + some mana regen, hit chance increase, defense chance increase.

there are alot of nice arty pieces.
a good page to check them out is
http://www.uoguide.com/Artifact

plus you can go to the test center and they give you all of them to try to figure out what your looking for.

a few to look into is.
ring of vile, jackals collar, spirit of totem or hunters headdress, legs of bane, stormgrips or gloves of the pugilist.
also the Crimson Cincture.

as a new player, the all 70s and blessed virtue suit isnt that bad to start out with. its not too expensive and being all blessed it saves on insurance.

C

Connor_Graham

Armor gets a little tricky, mainly because there really is no base to work from since every piece of armor has random numbers for resists. What you do want to look for as far as mods would be Mana Regen, Mana Increase, Stamina Increase, and Lower Mana Cost. I think these 4 are the most important for an Archer. It also doesn't hurt to have Hit Chance Increase on the jewels or armor for those times when your mana is low and don't have enough to sustain consecutive Lightning Strikes. Just remember to Honor your opponent whenever possible before attacking so you get the bonuses from Bushido's Perfection.