• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Returning to UO - ? on Fishing Changes Please

L

Luminary

Hi, I last played in the Summer of 2005. My GM fisher and I have hit the high waters in hope of rebuilding some money and armor. I have been fishing for a few days now, and of all the SoS's I have pulled up, not one has been an ancient SOS.
Has there been changes to the Fishing system and SoS's since 2005 that affect the chance one has of getting an ASoS?

I remember getting an ASoS out of about every 10 - 15 SoS's before.
Any information anyone could help with is greatly appreciated!

Oh, and Fishtanks? How does one go about getting one of these? =D

:heart:

C

Caelas

The ancient SoS frequency I've been told is about 1 every 25. Keep trying :)

Fishtanks can be bought from NPC Fishermen for around 250,000. Or, if you are lucky (like I was) you might be able to find someone selling them for less on a vendor. The vendor also sells the nets required to catch the fish, fishbowls to hold yer catch, and food for the tank. For more information if you've never owned one before read this.

Happy Fishin'!

K

kiavan61

I have been gone since 2006 and just came back also last week. Since then I have got about 20 SOS and got 1 ASOS