• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to UO Catskills after 13+ years!

Feather

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello all!

A few weeks ago, I was talking to a friend I used to play UO with and it got me a little nostalgic. Found old screenshots and did a quick google search to see what had ever happened to the game. Finding out that not only is UO still going strong and releasing expansions, but giving us veteran players (and newbies) a chance to come play for free with Endless Journey. I played for 2 days before going all in, buying the expansions, and subscribing!

I played back in 2000 to probably 2004. A few of my characters were with the Flying Pickles guild (..yeah.. i know lol). My mage/tamer Firebug, my crafter Feather, and my alchemist Moonshine were my usual characters. I've got a plot just north of dungeon Wrong (Trammel) if anybody feels like stopping by to say hi!

First question.. where does everybody hang out these days? I've found sooo many of my recall runes are dead and/or the shops are gone. Only seen a few odd souls at Brit bank. More at Luna bank.

Second question.. where have all the shops that are actually selling things gone? So many I've seen are only using vendors as storage. Even Luna is a bit bare for vendor goods.

It's good to be back again! See you in game.

Feather