• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

returning to the high seas?

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So with the next major publish all about the high seas, what are you goin to do about the over crowding of ships? I just tried to make my way to the fish market, and what a nightmare it was to get there tryin to sail threw the 100 or so ships surrounding it, with the next publish this will be atleast 50 times worse.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Clear sailing on mine as well... course I still use a regular ol dragon ship :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah! That was an issue back in the day High Seas started... and I was totally shocked the blockade is still in place even today, as of November of 2018. (Atlantic.)

Why do people pile up ships around the docks... vs. actually playing the quests and hunting? I just dont get it.

I have been making mass amounts of cannonballs, grapeshot, and cannons... since this news broke and sales have been solid. Just wish the price of charges was worth messing with, but I seriously hope they iron out the whole issue with saltpeter. Its just way too slow going anyplace you mine, no matter what. I did a lot of testing. I can make far more money producing cannonballs the live-long-day. hehe

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
isn't there a distance you have to be to the buoy?
cause I thought if you park too close to it, it will move you away.
I might be mistake though...

And if you park at the docks too long, it automatically moves your ship away...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Perhaps not on your home shard... on Atlantic, its insane "bumper to bumper" parking without a single space between them... forget passing a rowboat. Not like you can walk over them. hehe. Would be funny if you could! And solve the problem.

That is an interesting question... and I'm sure the answer is "no". Too many trouble-makers. Would be a sure fix if big ships parked for a month or more would suffer "sail-by" cannon shots? Once they are fully disabled... they start to sink? Just an idea. (Not advocating the action... just suggesting how to fix it.)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

it is designed that way and works that way on every shard i have played. there is also a "channel" on the south end that is unblockable in case it gets too bad. So i went to Atlantic Tram and sailed right to the docks looks pretty open to me, i sailed all the way around it and had no issues.

upload_2019-2-22_14-43-54.png

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it is designed that way and works that way on every shard i have played. there is also a "channel" on the south end that is unblockable in case it gets too bad. So i went to Atlantic Tram and sailed right to the docks looks pretty open to me, i sailed all the way around it and had no issues.

View attachment 94801
Ur Skillz r 2 gud

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1, I dont believe you about Atlantic. hehe :p

Well... ANYTHING is possible. Just a matter of amazing timing, I guess. I only went a couple short months ago after years and years of not. Used to hunt NPC ships with my uncle years ago... teaming up, he'd work the boat controls, I'd work the cannons and get the targeted boat in a place they couldn't "flip-flop" out of our target. He would spend time trying to get missions at the docks while I was off someplace else. No point both of us wasting our time. The issue has ALWAYS been an issue. Even that south access was blocked, further out.

I just think its a joke how people use these boats for extra storage... or WHATEVER they do... where you constantly see them all over, week after week, month after month... unmoving. Vesper (Atlantic) is always clogged with them being used as adverting. How they get them in and out is beyond me... but thats part of the problem.

I really want to see new blood and passion for HS. I just dont have faith they will correct the oversites of old.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1, I dont believe you about Atlantic. hehe :p

Well... ANYTHING is possible. Just a matter of amazing timing, I guess. I only went a couple short months ago after years and years of not. Used to hunt NPC ships with my uncle years ago... teaming up, he'd work the boat controls, I'd work the cannons and get the targeted boat in a place they couldn't "flip-flop" out of our target. He would spend time trying to get missions at the docks while I was off someplace else. No point both of us wasting our time. The issue has ALWAYS been an issue. Even that south access was blocked, further out.

I just think its a joke how people use these boats for extra storage... or WHATEVER they do... where you constantly see them all over, week after week, month after month... unmoving. Vesper (Atlantic) is always clogged with them being used as adverting. How they get them in and out is beyond me... but thats part of the problem.

I really want to see new blood and passion for HS. I just dont have faith they will correct the oversites of old.
Not amazing Timing, sail to the south end and you'll see the corridor/path i am talking about. it cannot be clogged up to my knowledge, that is why it was put in. i can drive right up to the docks unfettered, any day at any time any shard.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Babe. Talking about years back... not today. Last time I managed to jump through someone's opened ship, throwing out a rowboat on the other side. That ship was locked in by another from the back. Years back, the clogged Atlantic docks were double as bad.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Babe. Talking about years back... not today. Last time I managed to jump through someone's opened ship, throwing out a rowboat on the other side. That ship was locked in by another from the back. Years back, the clogged Atlantic docks were double as bad.
Maybe I misread but;
You are bringing up issues you had years ago and did not bother to go there and check the situation now?
Come here and post the situation as it is fact now?