• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to the game.

• Thread starter Vittorio Di Riniari
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
V

Vittorio Di Riniari

I've decided to come back after playing on Hybrid for a couple years because I miss my souped up coven of mages. I was hoping that those who recognize me would be willing to help get me up and running again, as I lost everything I owned and will have to start from scratch in the equipment department.

I'm also interested in rejoining CHAMPS, assuming the whole Flomox thing has been finally put to rest. Looking forward to raiding champ spawns and going head-to-head with the world again ;)

My AIM is ArkaneFATE if you'd like to get ahold me personally.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL No homie, Champs doesn't exist anymore.
Truth.

Most of the people from the former champs (that still play) are now in the guild "The Fallen Legacy" [UHOH]

Good luck with the comeback. Sadly, 80% of the pvpers are tamers nowadays :(

So its either make one yourself and adapt, or play fairly handicapped otherwise :wall::wall::wall:

PS: By your name, im not sure who you are, but if you'd like to pm and tell me, and let me know some of the people u played with around your time period, i can try to help ya out and letcha know who still plays/doesnt play.

V

Vortimer

Im gonna guess that your Chris's bro Vinny?

Pretty much anyone that was playing in champs the last time you played quit or BARELY plays at all. Mikey is still kickin around but i rarely ever see him anymore.

Everyone is in factions now so they can use faction arties....

PVP in this game is pretty limited to despise bridge with 20 necros and super dragons.

M

Mr Moosestache

I'm going to assume Vittorio. He was banned if I remember correctly about 4-5 years back because of Mickey Mouse. The way I remember everything kind of annoys me, I'm like an elephant without the trunk.

V

Vittorio Di Riniari

I am Vittorio, AKA Arkane, Hisvet, Illuminati.

I wasn't banned, my arrogance was my undoing. I typically left about 12k worth of insurance money in my bank after spending the rest on whatever I wished to buy, knowing I'd get more, and one day it ended up screwing me over in the heat of battle and I lost most of my suit, including all of my artifacts (Hat of the Magi, Arcane Shield, Midnight Bracers). After that, I simply quit.

Mickey Mouse is Brazilian, so take whatever he says with a grain of salt, and keep a tranquilizer handy whenever he's around.

M

Mr Moosestache

Mickey Mouse was extremely dumb and annoying. I don't believe he plays anymore as it is. Artifacts now are easy to find and affordable for the most part, but as previously stated, the current PvP situation is in dire need of a fix. If I were you I wouldn't come back to this mess now. Though if you do, you should PM me you're Hybrid acct info so I can play. I'm to lazy to work anything up.

V

Vittorio Di Riniari

Yeah, I took a look at the PVP thread and wasn't too impressed. A bunch of screenshots full of dragons and people attempting to justify their use of speedhack...Can't believe that's still around.

I'll never give up my Hybrid info because I always play it from time to time, but working yourself up on Hybrid is incredibly easy, especially if you're decent at poker. If you're interested, I can explain exactly how to get up-and-running within a few hours.

M

Mr Moosestache

I'm definitely interested, and I want to play some poker =<.

V

Vittorio Di Riniari

You'll want to create a tamer as your first character. It'll take maybe two hours to GM taming. Create your character with 50 taming, 50 magery, and decent strength, then lock all of your skills except taming and lore (the more skills you have total, the slower all of your skills gains are).

Skill Gain Guide

You can follow that guide, but I tamed bulls in Delucia until I was able to tame swamp dragons (80ish skill, if I recall correctly), and GMed from there. Ask someone to give you a rune to Tessa's Library for easy access to anywhere you'll want to go.

Using Tessa's Library, recall to the various cotton fields and load up. You should be able to get enough cotton to sell at a shop for reagent gold and get a decent number of bandages for vet skill. Work your magery until you can gate.

Use the library to locate a dragon or wyrm spawn and use paralyze to immobilize your target while you tame them. If you can get help in taming one of these, do it, because it'll be a hell of a lot easier.

Once you have a pet, you can hunt cyclopses, which are easy to kill and drop 700 gold. Just be ready to recall, because most good hunting spots are constantly watched by reds. If you get attacked, you can AIM me at ArkaneFATE and I'll come slap them around. I can usually handle 2-3 mediocre-moderate players.

With your tamer, it'll be pretty easy to get gold for any reagents and supplies you need, and if you decide to stick with that character for awhile, you'll be able to kill Balrons without an issue (aside from reds). Balrons drop 2800 gold and several magic items apiece. All you need to kill them is a bonded mare and dragon/wyrm. This, in my opinion, is the best way to get the gold you'll need for poker. The optimum poker table has a 100k minimum buy-in. The lesser tables are simply a waste of time, as Balrons would give you gold faster.

V

Vittorio Di Riniari

When you're ready to make your first PVP character, make sure you work the hardest skills first to minimize costs. Alchemy, Inscription, Resist Spells, Magery, and Healing are skills you'll typically want to do first.

If you provide the gold/reagents, I'll use my mages to help you raise Resist if I'm not busy.