• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

returning to Drachenfels....

• Thread starter Don Maximus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Don Maximus

Dear fellow comrades,

after 7 years... I yesterday returned to DF and was surprised on the emptiness

In itself it is not too bad as I was always a lonely wolf; but what I need is a shopping mall where I can buy and sell goods... where has the UO commuity gone to/gathered nowadays?

This as we are too few to populate such a big world being so little in numbers and with full available space evrywhere. Are there ACTIVE guilds around?

I will stay for long but I need shelter. Am literally naked on all chars, but with several millions on my bank accounts (thank god ;) ) and some fully specced chars

Thanks for your help

Don Maximus

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back :)
Buy a house placement tool (architects sell those like they sold house deeds) and place youself a house. As far as equipment goes youwill have to learn the new rules before you go shopping/hunting.

N

Nenime

Welcome back, Don Maximus *waves*

Many, perhaps the most of us took a break in the past from good old UO but we all came back because it's still an unique one among all those shiny, technical pimped out MMORGs out there. I admit, I play one of those too from time to time but after a few days without UO something's missing. I think you won't regret coming back.

Now about the shops, on this shard Luna isn't THE ultimate shopping zone. But there are a lot of great shops throughout the realm. Just try out the runes which you find lying around. And don't be shy to chat up every fellow citizen you meet. They will glady share all kind of informations with you. It is the best way to get in contact with guilds too.

Have lots of fun :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back!

If i look at the time of your post , several of us (10-15 people) where at a mini event with EM Immortal.
Most people hang around and inside Luna. Most shops are around Luna too but thats not always the cheapest options. There alot of nice shops around if you don't mind exploring a bit. And ofcourse keep a eye on the runes on the ground.

We not the biggest shard but don't let you get fooled by emptiness, there is so much to do and places to go that we spread around. At a big event a 100 of people could gather out of nowhere. For guilds it depends if you understand german or not.Personaly i'm hardly at a bank, i'm always busy killing stuff or gathering things. A good place to start to meet people is here and in Luna. Or come to the next Meet and Greet with EM Immortal this saturday at 8pm CET (7pm UK time) At the Councelors guildhall in North Britain.
Keep a eye on the Drachenfels calendar for more events and on these forums.:)

About a big house: There is still room for a nice one near mine. Just go outside Luna on the North side and then follow the mountains to the East. My house is in the corner but near me is still plenty of room for a nice houseplot for a house of your own design.

If you got more question this is the right place to be. :)

Have fun and see you around! :D

F

Facehugga

Welcome back to DF!

Its always nice to see DF still gets more "returners" and grow a little bit.

And if someone would sell me a nice inside Luna house i would gladly resolve the bargain shop problem fastly - but yet i was unable to find any inside wall house :(

U

Uhlrich

Im just curious as to what a luna house sells for? Like I have no idea what my house is worth as I bought it along time ago.

Lev