• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Tamer, Overwhelmed!

Azuhle

Visitor
Ok, So I'm coming back from a little over a year, and it seems in that time everything has changed! I've read through these posts for the past few days and there's so much info it's almost overwhelming lol. I'm debating over a Cu, Hiryu (or lesser?) or Triton. I can see a lot of pro's and cons of each and could really use some advice on what route to go. I mostly play with one other friend, and we want to be able to do as much content as possible (he's building up a sampire). I've seen tons of builds from disco, to chiv/ai, bush/parry etc.. We only currently have the resources to scroll one pet. I'm leaning toward a chiv/ai Cu, but any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Kir

Journeyman
Cu is ridable but has ability Bleed that will used up some of the abilities rotation and mana, decent pet to start with, but do read up on the build on this forum, Pawain posted some thread on this I believe. I'm not too fond of Cu (because I'm Human), though I keep one with Discord 120 for Fame with Succubus.

Triton, a very strong pet, refer to cah or Pawain build, but not ridable, overall a very reliable pet if you can deal with no riding and you can get hold of it.

Lesser ( I love them so I am biased), pretty good pet that you can build to different templates with a lot of points to spare, easy to find a good starter pet due to its availability and ease, but it's a Physical damage pet which might not be the best on some situation. Ridable.

If you are playing with a friend (sampire), do train a Fire beetle or Giant beetle, they are good support for the warriors etc. I have couple different beetles with different build. Ridable.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, So I'm coming back from a little over a year, and it seems in that time everything has changed!
How many years over a year ;D? I don't think a whole lot changed in taming in the past few years. Welcome back.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are playing with a friend (sampire), do train a Fire beetle or Giant beetle, they are good support for the warriors etc. I have couple different beetles with different build. Ridable.
Yep, a RC+AP Fire Beetle does wonders for a Sampire's damage output. When i'm farming UEVs for Void Orbs and Crystals of Shame, i'll dual client my Sampire and Disco/Tamer. My Disco/Tamer runs 120 Disco on the UEV, and sicks his RC+AP Fire Beetle on the UEV as well. This is mostly to boost the Sampire's damage output as he uses a 100% Poison Damage Double Axe with Air Ele Slayer and uses Onslaught+DS spam to tear into the UEV. Kills them real fast.

Azuhle

Visitor
Thank's for all the input all! If you tame a pet that doesn't come with Parry, can he still learn it later on?

Kir

Journeyman
Thank's for all the input all! If you tame a pet that doesn't come with Parry, can he still learn it later on?
Parry will only appear if your pet wrestling is 100 and above, if it's below, the parry skill will not be shown.
In short, "yes".