• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Tamer needs help

S

Storming

Hello, I have just returned to UO after a 3 year absence, and decided to get my favourite character out for a bit of hunting, so I blew the cobwebs off my Tamer/Bard and went to one of my old favourite hunting sots, Destard.

Well, what a shock I had when my favourite old dragon got eaten up pretty quickly by a greater dragon, they never existed in my old playing days, and I was a little concerned to find that he was very hard to peacemake (I'm 120 Music and 115 Peace). So I decided to Vet my dragon instead, of peacing the greater dragon, but that wasn't very successful either.

What I would like to do to help me out is to make a vetting macro (i'm using the pretty new 3d client) to help me with my vetting on my pet. For starters I'm only looking to be healing one pet at a time, but I can't for the life of my work out how to set up a macro to do it. I remember in the past i used to use UO Assist to do this, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with the new client. Can anybody help me to make a vetting macro please.

Also, it looks like a lot has changed during my absence, can anybody suggest somewhere that might be fun to hunt while I get used to the game controls again? My skills are :-

Taming - 100.6 (110.6 with jewelery)
Lore - 110
Vet - 104.4
Music - 120
Peace 115
Magery - 100
Med - 69.9 (set to decrease)

Many thanks in advance!

N

Nenime

Hi :) and welcome back!

1.) Setting up a healing makro is very easy with Kingdom-Reborn Client: just draw a bandage (or Greater Heal icon from the Spellbook) into the Hotbar and set Target -> Current. Before you go into a fight, draw the pet's health bar aside (leftclick and hold mouse button) and single click on it to make it the current aim. If you have any questions about this client I recommend to visit the Kingdom Reborn Section of this forum. The nerds there will answer any questions ;)

2.) The skill scheme is good. You can hunt all your favorite places again - maybe except Destard for now. The new Dragons are indeed very strong and can actually be tamed but they have a Barding Difficulty of 160, so they are pretty resistant to your sonatas.
Your Taming skill is high enough to get a Greater Dragon transfered to you. If you're lucky you'll find some friendly fellow Tamers on your shard who will help you to get one. But I would save this for later.

When you browse a bit through the other threads you will see that many of us still love to hunt with the 'older' pets, it doesn't necessarily have to be a Greater Dragon. Take a Bake Kitsune or a Nightmare with your Dragon and take your time to get used to the new client. For a place to hunt, you should give the Anti-Virtue dungeons a shot because you can work your way up - errr, down - and get a nice Artifact from time to time on top of that.

Obviously you ate (at least) a 115 scroll so raising your Taming skill is a good way too to get into the game again.

S

Storming

Thanks for the reply Nenime, I now have my vet macro set up, just need to practice using it alongside my peacemaking macro.
One quick question though, where and what are the anti-virtue dungeons? I don't remember ever hearing of them before, and a quick search of stratics doesn't throw up any answers.

Many thanks.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard are you on? If you're on Chessy, I can help you out some with hunting or pets. And I know this nice little guild that is a great family.

Anti-virtue dungeons are the old original dungeons. Despise, Destard, Hythloth, ect.

U

uoBuoY

A suggestion, inmho...

A Tamer need 3 SoulStones:
- 1 to hold Magery -- when I need to gate a fresh tame I can't ride
- 1 to hold Peace or Disco
- 1 blank to load a skill onto

Peace is great for taming and crowd control. Disco really helps in taming tougher creatures because if they hit you, they hit for a lot less. At 120 Disco, your target loses 28% of their skills and resists. That means faster kills on your usual targets or the ability to take on bigger targets. Disco is also an invaluable aid in training your pets. When Discoed they train a lot faster!

Z

Zodiac19

When I need to heal lots fast I mash my bandi and GHeal macros at the same time. Once the bandi has went off the GH has most likely already hit as well. rinse repeat.