• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Returning Sammy

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=265372#post265372

I am a returning Sammy (have 2 Swords, 1 Arch and had a gimp mage Sammy)

Having been away for a while - i last played my main Garm in 2005 and peaked at killing paragon succubus, found para balrons rather tough though!

Coming back I've still got some of my kit luckily but my skills have gone to pot and I'm finding killing a lesser hiryu is about my limit lol!

A few Qs - Are melee sammies redundant in PVP?
I have a chiv Sammy (used to use VE) and a Necro/Sammy (uses spirit speak but no chiv) - what would you suggest are good templates for these guys and would a Samadin Archer (holy light) cut it in champs?

Are there many benefits to the new skills - spell weave and mysticism?
What are these other ones - imbuing and throwing (throwing - for pots??) about ey?
What does becoming a gargoyle mean?
Is it worth buying S/Abyss?

Does anyone play anything other than a Sampire or Whammy and enjoy/do ok (i think i need to keep it simple for now)

Hows a nice dull Bush/Sword/Parry/Tact/Anat/Heal/65 Chiv plate do these days?

Thanks for all your advice on aything! I'm so clueless and outdated again - what's getting you guys excited these days - it can't still be Sampires after 4-5 years? :S

Cheers peeps!

C

Connor_Graham

Yup, on the PvM side, most are still playing Sampires for the heavy duty stuff.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
A few Qs - Are melee sammies redundant in PVP?

Sampires aren't the best PvP toons available. If you want to PvP with a melee character, use a straight bushi/dexer with healing.

I have a chiv Sammy (used to use VE) and a Necro/Sammy (uses spirit speak but no chiv) - what would you suggest are good templates for these guys and would a Samadin Archer (holy light) cut it in champs?

Sampire:
120 Swords
120 Parry
120 Bush
100 Tactics
100 Anat/resist
99 Necro
60 Chiv

Are there many benefits to the new skills - spell weave and mysticism?

Yes, but not for a sampy

What are these other ones - imbuing and throwing (throwing - for pots??) about ey?

Imbuing is used to add modifiers (e.g., mr, lmc, lrc) to armor/weapons. Throwing uses ranged weapons, but it's...meh.

What does becoming a gargoyle mean?

You can fly at mounted speed. You get some bonuses to imbuing/mysticism. You wear different armor than humans/elves. You can't ride mounts.

Is it worth buying S/Abyss?

Resounding "yes."

Does anyone play anything other than a Sampire or Whammy and enjoy/do ok (i think i need to keep it simple for now)

Hows a nice dull Bush/Sword/Parry/Tact/Anat/Heal/65 Chiv plate do these days?

I'd use a template like that for PvP, but stick with a sampy for PvM.

Thanks for all your advice on aything! I'm so clueless and outdated again - what's getting you guys excited these days - it can't still be Sampires after 4-5 years? :S

Cheers peeps!
Answers in bold. Welcome back.