• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player trying to figure out old pets and understand new training

Gellor

Visitor
After a 10 year break, I decided to return and I'm at a bit of a loss on all the taming changes.:coco:

One thing I'm trying to figure out is whether some of my old pets are worth anything before I wreck them. Ex:
I've got a 3 slot dragon with 495 hits, 810 str, 100% wrest/tact/anat/eval/focus, 95.3 resist, 89 mage.
2 slot nightmare 298 hits, 516 str, 80s and 90s skills.
Strong purple hiryu <-- mainly interested in whether color is worth much.

When I left, I thought most of my pets were above average stats except for purple hiryu which I thought was "junk". When going against cah website, it is looking like the reverse... most are garbage except purple hiryu.:rant2:

Back when I left, training a pet was make it fight, keep it healed, and watch wrest, etc raise up. Now it sounds like a whole new level of involvement.

Do I need any of the taming mastery stuff to train my pets?
Is there a guide for all the abbreviations I've seen used when describing pets and training? I did a search for "best pet" and gave a solid WTF:eyes:
It looks like power scrolls are now used on pets. Correct? Glad I was a bit of a hoarder if that is the case.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dragon will go to 4 slot when you push the button, so same as what is available now.
Hiryu will be 4 slot, so it is just deco. They are 3 slot now.
Nightmares are keepers.

Cah has a section on how to train them.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Get a Cu Sidhe , train it Chivalry and Armor Ignore , feed it with 110wrestling power scroll , rest points allocate whatever you think is good and go fight stuff. Mini champs in Stygian Abyss are good place to try different tactics and against different not very hard foes.
Join some group activities if your shard is not very empty. See how other people play , learn and you will have better understanding how to train better pets.
Masteries are very good , especially consume but can live without em.

Gellor

Visitor
Dragon will go to 4 slot when you push the button, so same as what is available now.
Hiryu will be 4 slot, so it is just deco. They are 3 slot now.
Nightmares are keepers.
<snip>
So mostly "junk" pets.

Get a Cu Sidhe , train it Chivalry and Armor Ignore , feed it with 110wrestling power scroll , rest points allocate whatever you think is good and go fight stuff. Mini champs in Stygian Abyss are good place to try different tactics and against different not very hard foes.
Join some group activities if your shard is not very empty. See how other people play , learn and you will have better understanding how to train better pets.
Masteries are very good , especially consume but can live without em.
My "home shard" is semi active(Pacific)

I've got a Cu so that may be my first victim of training attempt. Sadly, I can't seem to get 'test center copy' to work for me.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
So mostly "junk" pets.

My "home shard" is semi active(Pacific)

I've got a Cu so that may be my first victim of training attempt. Sadly, I can't seem to get 'test center copy' to work for me.
Get as many Cu as your stable slots allow. Don't need to care much about intensity first. Ruined one or have more ideas -take next from stables.
Also try High Seas to get some Tritons. Cannot mount them but can get 115-130wrestling out of the statue.
Out of stable slots -use soul stone to give taming skill to other toon on same account.

Gellor

Visitor
I'm not sure if I just broke my cu sidhe but I think I have.

I 'trained' my cu on an allosaurus or three. Eventually I got the "Pet training menu". I bumped up stats and regens.

Is the training a one shot deal for cu's?

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if I just broke my cu sidhe but I think I have.

I 'trained' my cu on an allosaurus or three. Eventually I got the "Pet training menu". I bumped up stats and regens.

Is the training a one shot deal for cu's?
This is also what I would like to know!

I feel like I could have written this myself. I am also returning from a 10yr break and trying to figure out the pet situation. All my cu's are 4slot... looks like they spawn at 3 now. Are all my old cu's just junk now because they're stuck at 4 slots untrained? I'm gonna be so sad :(

Gellor

Visitor
I found it 'interesting' that one of the big training methods is an allosaurus... VERY tough, several pets deaths later, and I killed one for *drum roll* ~1600 gold o_O

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is also what I would like to know!

I feel like I could have written this myself. I am also returning from a 10yr break and trying to figure out the pet situation. All my cu's are 4slot... looks like they spawn at 3 now. Are all my old cu's just junk now because they're stuck at 4 slots untrained? I'm gonna be so sad :(
Yes your Old Cus and Hiryus are 4 slot. So they are not good for training. Kill em!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Follow these guides for Cus and Hiryus: