• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player - question on building sampire suit

Kermes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I'm returning to the game after a long time, and now trying to build a sampire suit. I'm working on turning my fighter into a sampire, it's almost done concerning skills and stats.

Attached are parts I crafted tonight, which I think are good to start with.

Can you please give me your thoughts on those parts, if they are indeed good to start with ?

Thanks a lot !

Attachments

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Welcome back. The game is complex and has changed a lot. Just glancing at what you made, were you using runic crafting ? Each piece can have 5 mods so you can still imbue more stats into all the pieces you made.

For the most part, there is very inexpensive gear for sale on vendors that is Better than what can be made from crafting.

Where crafting fits is to finish a suit of artifacts and gear that drops as loot. This is normally done by crafting and imbuing (and sometimes also reforging). UOguide breaks it down well if you search runic reforging and imbuing.

A suit is usually made up of 2 or 3 crafted pieces and 3 or 4 legendary pieces from loot.

Imbued and reforged weapons are also the main use for crafting when it comes to Pvm.

I’ve posted some screenshots of gear I’ve made recently in this thread. You can see the kinds of mods you should aim for when crafting armor.

You can add 5 to a crafted piece of armor.
Normally it is: 5HP, 8 stam, 8 mana, 8 LMC.

Last one you try to use as you need. It can be hit chance, defense chance, damage, dex or str.

After crafting this from iron, you would bring resists up by enhancing it; normally agapite because it adds the most to fire resist and that is already needed for sampire suits. This part can fail and destroy the completed piece, so many opt to pay for a tool that prevents failure (or you can skip this step).

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Key items for sampire : Stamina Increase, Lower Mana Cost, Mana Increase, Dex increase
Secondary items : Hit Point Increase, HCI, DCI, Int and Str increase
Third Tier : Stamina Regen, HP Regen

The goal for sampires is to swing as fast as possible and use specials to cause more damage and whirlwind more foes. The more yo hit - the more life, mana and stamina you can leech. So maxing your stamina is first priority.

For resists you want 70's but then up to 95 fire because you will case vampiric embrace that drops your fire down 25 i believe to 70.

I've found that with quality loot you can do alot better than crafted and if they are high resist you won't have any problems with 70+ across the board. I used to craft a decent amount of items for my sampires but I've been slowly replacing with loot that has more mods than what I can craft/imbue. Sad but true.

I'm not trying to be mean. Believe me - I'm a crafter. But how can you compete with something this that isn't even legendary? Your piece above can't compare to something like this. Thats 12 mods and near 20 resist across each area. The only downside is LMC is only 2% but stam 8 and a dex 4 that you can't craft.

1609634030178.png

Here is a run of the mill loot item with LMC 10 that you can't imbue (imbue limited to 8%). Plus Dex 4 and Int 3 that you can't imbue either. These two pieces already at 35+ resist across the board with 4 more to go.

1609634206313.png

I just don't know what I can craft here to compete with these. Toss in the extra Int for mana and such and and its far better than crafted.

Last edited:

Aestra

Adventurer
It would help to post final stats when it’s on. Resists , dex, Stam, str, HP at a minimum. We also need to know what weapon you’re going to use. Presumably swordsmanship/double axe

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
As most will say, crafted pieces are not as strong when it comes down to overall amount of stuff you can fit in one piece. In isolation it is not as strong as looted legendary pieces. That said, having only legendary pieces will leave you falling short somewhere. You’ll probably have resists far higher than you need and not max hp.

crafted gear should be though of as the “flex” pieces needed to finish what you are trying to achieve. The benefit of crafted stuff is to get the mix of mods needed on a piece that won’t fall as loot.

generally, hit point increase and stamina increase doesn’t appear often on legendary gear.

You can reach max resists, str, dex, hp, hit chance, defense chance and damage increase with a mix of legendary, artifacts and 2 or 3 crafted pieces. All with enough stam and swing speed to use a double axe at max speed.

There is certainly a place for crafted gear, but you need to use it in the right way to compliment your legendary gear and artifacts.

If you have someone help you, it easy to reach a high level on a low budget. Most people that are into making suits will have a lot of spare pieces.

Kermes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks guys for your replies, I now need to find those places I can hunt to get that kind of gear !

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
What shard are you on? Roof or underwater boss is best for farming gear.

there Is a lot of cheap useable stuff on vendors that is way faster than farming it.

you can buy stuff for 1-3 mill with lots of good stats and resists. Especially if it doesn’t give you the lmc boost from metal or studded armor.

medable sampire armor can be super affordable. Farming it may take longer than simply buying cheaper starter stuff.

there are some decent ways to make 5-10 mill to start off. Some threads here have had good discussions on best ways to make your first few million.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks guys for your replies, I now need to find those places I can hunt to get that kind of gear !
As others said - the high end bosses drop insane loot but you can get good items from Krampus during xmass time. Loot your stuff and the stuff people leave. Few legendaries - but even the major magic stuff is good.

Also for crafted loot - you can do better than imbuing if you reforge items because with reforging and a barb kit you can go over max imbue properties. Here is a piece I reforged just now. I would like it to have HPI in a perfect world but you have max imbued LMC 8, Mana 8 and then Stam 10 (overcap) and some other good mods. I enhanced with horned leather after reforging (best to use a forged metal tool cause these items break alot without it).
THe good news here is no brittle so you can powder this one up forever.

1609874885095.png

Last edited: