• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player, please help!

Z

Zandri

Hey guys, I recently downloaded a 14-day trial for SWG, and i have a few questions.
Firstly, I played this game a few years ago and found it rather interesting, but I can't seem to find out what happened to the expertise board that you could spend certain points in. What happened? I also remember being able to respec those points.
Secondly, how in the crap do I train a beast?
Thirdly, if anyone could give me their in-game name, I would appreciate some noob help from someone in the game.
If any of you could help me out, I would be so very appreciative.

C

ClanBeviin2

1. The expertise points are gained at level 10 for your first set of I-can't-remember-how-many, followed by 1 point every two levels for a total possible of 45 points at CL 90. You can find the expertise points through the control panel (Esc.) or by using the U key (if you haven't changed your keymap).

2. You train a beast by allocating expertise points in the Beastmaster trees. You can do a lot with beasts the more points you spend, but the tradeoff is that you have fewer to spend on profession-specific skills.

3. On the Ahazi server: either 'Xian or Xian'.

A

ADulo

Either toons on the signature, in Starsider

Welcome back...for awhile at least :p

Z

Zandri

Wonderful, thanks so much for your help guys, I might try to find you both in-game if I can remember. Thanks again!

Z

Zandri

I just have a few more questions, if anyone could help:
I recently bought the egg of a narglatch with hard-earned money that took me quite a while. I was gonna name it Felix, but accidentally named it Feliz....is there any way I can rename him?
Also, i've noticed that incubators are very, very expensive. Is there any way to use someone else's incubator or find one for less?
If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.

P

Penti

Unfortunately the pet naming is a one-shot deal, however you can (if you're lucky) get a CSR to reset it. Send a ticket in requesting this and hope for the best.

Growing pets for yourself is a very expensive business, hence pet prices being so high. You can use an incubator if you have admin rights on the building that the incubator is situated, however unless you have the relative genetic engineering bonuses etc its probably better to get a dedicated Beastmaster to create your pet. Maybe offer to gather enzymes etc for them to offset some of the cost? BM's require lorry loads of good enzymes so offering to forage for them is usually much appreciated, plus the bonus treasure maps can be sold or used........

Z

Zandri

Gotcha, thanks for the insight. Sorry I keep asking so many questions, but I have 2 more:
First and foremost, my pet is hungry...what do I do?
Secondly, where do most of the other players hang out? I barely EVER see another person, so I highly doubt I'd find a Beastmaster.

C

ClanBeviin2

It really depends on which server you're on. On Ahazi, I see people everywhere, though the big hubs tend to be Eisley (pretty much a hub on any server) and Theed. Although there's always quite a few people at the Mining Outpost (Dantooine) and Nym's Stronghold (Lok)... again, that's Ahazi server. I'm not sure about on others.

You should also be able to use the "Search" function on your Community tab (found by hitting Esc and clicking Community) to find a BM as well.

RainStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Starsider players are found at pretty much the same places as ClanBeviin listed. Two other places are Restuss and Coronet.

P

Penti

Firstly, your pet needs some food. This will improve its happiness rating which affects experience gain etc. You should be able to find this on vendor search under Misc>Pet Food. Now there are are several different pet foods and your pet will prefer a random one. There is no way of knowing what food your pet prefers so you will need to try several of them until you get the right one, then buy that in bulk.

You should also try and find Beast Dietary Supplements. These bad boys can increase the xp gain for your pet by upto 5x normal. There are different supplemts, suffixed by a letter A to N, and each of them relate to a specific group of beasts. Here's a link to what supplement is used for what beast type

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=320281

As detailed by others there is the new search facility which should help you find other players. Another way to contact a BM would be to see who crafted your beast and send them a /tell. Or.......... check the bazaar for incubated eggs, get the crafters names from them and contact them direct.

Hope this all helps