• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player looking for thoughts on templates

O

OldGuy

Stratics used to have different forums for individual skills (archery, magery, etc) where I would look when I was trying to come up with ideas for templates.

I'm only getting back into the game and starting to play around with characters. One of the characters I've created is an archer, mainly because I never done one before, and I'm starting to think about what skills I'm going to use. Then I had the thought of visiting the archery forum to see if anything sounds interesting and you know the rest. Where do people discuss these things these days? I haven't really seen that in UHall.

As I was reading the thread about the Pros and Cons of Greater Dragons I saw lots of ideas that sounded interesting - at least to take a look at: Stealth/Mage, Tamer/Cartographer, necro-dexxer, etc. I've never done a samurai, ninja, bard, necromancer - yeah - I've dabbled in various skills but nothing that stuck at the time.

The more I look at it, I'm thinking there is many more templates that I *haven't* tried than I have.

I'm like to see what other people are doing to see if anything sounds interesting or if there's a bit of an idea I could run with and tweak to my own playing style.

Where do I look for details on templates these days?

Thanks

K

Kensai Tsunami

my fav char these days is my archer pally

chiv 85.9
archery 120
tactics 120
anat 110
healing 94.1 (no heal fail)
med 100
resist 110

a dexxer 150+
115 hps
64 mana

and i use a decent mana leech crossbow w/35 ssi (32 mana leech along w/my med keeps my specials poppin)

armor and jewels make this work as well
it will cost ya a bit of change tho
rotv
hh
rbc
stormgrip
ember legs
dex braclet
plus nice arms and gorget (those can be hard to find with the numbers you need)

i am also very fond of my pally archer spellweaver w/ss for xtra healing

good luck to ya
and welcome back to uo
no other game even comes close!
:p

...oh and btw, the boards crashed hard
they are rebuilding them as we type
hopefully we will have all that old info back in hand soon
time will tell

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampire

120 strength
125 dexterity
10 intelligence

120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 anatomy
90 healing
70 tactics
65 chivalry
35 necro

Use items with +necro to cast vampiric embrace. Use a fast weapon with mana leech for best results.

K

Kensai Tsunami

a buddy of mine uses that sampire temp (sammy necro pally)
he is possibly one of the very best pvp'rs i have ever seen in uo
and his temp is very close to the one Ender touts
damn near unbeatable if you can get a handle on all those mouse clicks!
personally i cant seem to wrap my head around it
my bud laughs at me over my inability to duplicate his skills as a sampire
but he is a punk and i hate on him alot for this!
haha

T

T_Amon_from_work

Ummm psssssssst! Please look at the top of a Forum page ... in the upper-left is a block labeled "Announcements". I think you will find restorations commence this weekend.

Pass the word ...

K

KoolAidAddict

Archery
Tacs
Bushido
Anat
Heal
Chiv
Med

If your restarting a new account, and 700 skillpoints is your limit, try Chiv @80, Anat @ 100, Heal @ 90, at least 110 for Arch, Tacs and Bushido, rest in Med (100 in this setup).
Spamming lightning strike after honoring your enemy of one target, using consecrate weapon with a nice bow or even a slayer will produce awesome damages! The heal on the run from bush (confidence), plus the bandy, plus the as much as you can get HP regen will keep you alive many times where you prolly should have died. The 6/4 chiv speed heals, remove curse and divine fury will have you back in the action in no time flat!!

See ya on the battlefields of UO!! (if your on atlantic):thumbup:

C

Connor_Graham

Firstly, welcome back.

That said, the Archer template that I've recommended and use myself is:

Archery 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 120
Anatomy 100
Resist 90
Chiv 70
Healing 100

With this template I never fail to get looting rights in Doom, and can cap out on damage on a heavy crossbow against the Peerless around 270ish. There's not much this template can't handle.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealth herder with ninja fel only or on siege/mugen (push thru) add fencing and poisoning and your golden.

O

OldGuy

Thanks for the greetings!

Thanks for the templates as well... gets the ideas brewing when I see them.

Hmm.. a couple of you mentioned bushido with archery... interesting...

I managed to find an old spreadsheet where I was tinkering with some templates prior to leaving before (pre Mondain's Legacy). They ranged from just barely started (archer) to starting to get to all selected skills ranging from 80ish to 110ish (Treasure Hunter). I expect some "Eww.. why would you do that?" but nothing ventured nothing gain. If anything maybe it will generate a response.

(And T'Amon... didn't see that... now I do :) )

Archer:
------
120 Archery
90 Chivalry
100 Focus
60 Resistance
120 Music
120 Peacemaking
110 Tactics

Treasure Hunter:
---------------
100 Cartography
100 Lock Pick
90 Magery
70 Resistance
120 Music
120 Peacemaking
120 Provocation

Mage:
-----
110 Eval Int
100 Fishing
100 Inscription
110 Magery (120 ultimately)
80 Resistance
110 Meditation
110 Swords

Tamer:
------
120 Lore
120 Taming
100 Magery
20 Meditation
120 Music
120 Peacemaking
120 Vet

And a standard paladin who was nearly finished. I was tracking down a 120 swords at the time but all other skills were done.

Any comments? (Besides the "What a <insert clever putdown>, you kept templates in a spreadsheet??!?!???")