• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Returning player looking for old friends and new

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hi, all --

returning player here (Elenni or Illithreal, waaaaay back in the day). Been many years since I've been on, but thought I'd take a look around my old stomping-grounds on Sonoma. Took me agonies to figure out how to reactivate, link and combine my old account(s), and of course I've lost all my houses, deco, rewards, rares and most of my accumulated wealth, so these days I'm a bit of a vagabond but...maybe we can re-build! :)

I'd love to stay on Sonoma because...well, I guess because fond memories. (And developed characters, although remembering what to do with them is a challenge just now...for anything not deco-related anyway!) Just wondering if there's anyone still out there. Have recognized a few names on houses or bulletin boards but haven't seen anyone around during my wanderings.

One of the other challenges I'm having is finding vendors with the basics or other goodies, to start rebuilding with. Is anyone placing and keeping a vendor mall or anything anymore? That used to be where I could get a lot of my deco staples and other needs, but without them I'm just not sure how realistic it would be to try to make my way back.

Anyway, if anyone's around please give a shout-out, would love to hear where and when folks hang out these days. Or, if there's really no one around, I suppose I could try a more populous shard if anyone has any suggestions...?

Cheers,

(the player formerly known as) Elenni of Sonoma, nee "Deco Junkie"

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Hey Elenni if I can be of help with any basic item, beds, chairs tables etc.. forges, soulforge, anything that you need yell for me. My main account has all the upgrades and can make just about anything.

Also be sure to check in game chat, most are in the general chat room. in game you hit the , key then type words and hit enter for all to see in game.

you can reach me here, or at http://www.peoplesarmyofsonoma.net/index.php. Also my icq is 100148883

going to take a break, be back in a couple hrs.

Last edited:

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Heya! Thanks so much!! So glad there are still some folks around. I remember Queen Mum of course, but most of my old friends are probably long gone but would love to make some new ones!

I got really lucky and found my old house spot was still free, so just re-built my old home as a start (was lucky enough to have stashed away a bit of gold in the bank rather than keeping all of my checks in my house....whew.) Just trying to get some baseline stuff going now, chests in house to start consolidating my old characters' inventory etc.

I'm still re-learning the very, very basics...so finding people and things is a bit of a challenge. Fortunately it does start to come back to you bit by bit. o_O

I haven't used ICQ in a million years, but will try out the group chat you mentioned and see if I can figure it out. Otherwise, atm I'm bopping around looking for someone with vendors, and between Moonglow bank and the house. Will try to find you once you're back around...and thanks again!

Elenni

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back Elenni *smiles* I hope you do decide to stay on Sonoma! I would be happy to help you out if I can (furniture, deco, etc). There is a vendor search feature you can use to find things you need..it is located on the context menu (just single click on yourself). Also if you had any soulstones when you were playing before there is a chance they might be at the Garden of Lost Souls in Tokuno.

People don't hang around as much now that we have general chat but there are EM events that will usually draw a crowd. The times are posted in this forum.

:)

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Welcome back Elenni *smiles* I hope you do decide to stay on Sonoma! I would be happy to help you out if I can (furniture, deco, etc). There is a vendor search feature you can use to find things you need..it is located on the context menu (just single click on yourself). Also if you had any soulstones when you were playing before there is a chance they might be at the Garden of Lost Souls in Tokuno.

People don't hang around as much now that we have general chat but there are EM events that will usually draw a crowd. The times are posted in this forum.

Thank you, thank you! So much help, I'm very grateful...will def have to look for my soul stone, I think I left just after they were introduced but I vaguely remember having them.

Vendor search?? Wowowowow! Now that's a huge change and improvement I wish we'd had back in the day. Checking it out now...

So returning-noob questions...maybe someone can help with:

1. Used to use UO Automap for finding my way around...does that still work, or is there a newer later-greater replacement for it?

2. What is everyone using for custom Macros? I remember I had some kind of 3rd-party macro recorder for just little tasks that (I'm now remembering) are a pain to do manually, like...mining, chopping, picking up reagents as I run along, changing equipment, etc.

Thanks in advance, really looking forward to getting back in the swing of it and meeting folks!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
UOAM stills works for most lands except TerMur, UO Cart does work there, but many folks will say its a hog and I use it only when I have to search for a t map spot there, or in the dungeon, or like today when I had to go fish up the special fish they are asking for in UO News.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IF your soulstones are from the very beginning the good news is we know they would be green :). The bad news is depending on when you left they might not have been saved.

UO Map still works but you have to log into the client through UO Assist.

I would think the 3rd party program you remember is probably UO Assist..it is an approved 3rd party program. If you bought it way back when I would think you would still be able to use it, assuming you still have keys or whatever you need. I should also mention that there is another client you can download (at uo.com) called the Enhanced Client (EC). Many people prefer it over the Classic Client (CC). You can download and use both to see which you prefer or keep both. The EC has a better macro system.

Did you find general chat yet? It is a good place to ask questions or get help.

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
You're all such great help...thank you again. :)

I did give the chat a try, sent out a message but didn't see anything come back. Although could be that I just didn't notice messages on my screen? I've been getting distracted a lot as I re-explore....in Luna atm, someplace I never spent a lot of time but it definitely has a lot of vendors in one place so that's a help to me atm!

I'll see about downloading UOAssist and Automap again. Any licenses I paid for way back then, or serial numbers, will be long gone I'm afraid, but we'll see what's what. Am really looking forward to getting back up to speed on fishing boats and treasure maps and plants and and and and....!!! :-D

If any of you happen to run across me I hope you won't be shy and will say hello!

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles* I am doing a trade quest right now but if I see you around I will definitely say Hail!. You could be in the wrong chat channel but you will find it soon enough..Have fun exploring!! There are lots of new things and later this month a new expansion. If you are a fisher you might want to get the high seas booster (new boats and fish and fishing quests)

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi there!!! So glad to see you again Illithreal (Elenni) ... did you get your UO Assist to work yet? There is a way to do it as long as you are on an account that you used it on before. My icq is still the same (yeah after all these years) - 168 812 018 - send a request but do put in who you are or I will ignore it. :p Again welcome home and do let us know what you need to get settled in. Miri is the lady who takes care of our lost soulstones so hopefully yours was found and turned in and Drakelord is a wiz at whipping up crafted items ....

Oh, and we have a Sonoma Community Rune Library ... just east of the Luna Moongate .. its the big house on the south side (with the waterfall roof) .... also has public dye tubs ... feel free to utilize whatever you need. There are also give and take chests on the 3rd floor ... items donated by players to help each other ...take anything you may need and one day stop by and leave something you don't ...

*cookie hugs* :)

Last edited:

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hi there!!! So glad to see you again Illithreal (Elenni) ... did you get your UO Assist to work yet? There is a way to do it as long as you are on an account that you used it on before. My icq is still the same (yeah after all these years) - 168 812 018 - send a request but do put in who you are or I will ignore it. :p Again welcome home and do let us know what you need to get settled in. Miri is the lady who takes care of our lost soulstones so hopefully yours was found and turned in and Drakelord is a wiz at whipping up crafted items ....

Oh, and we have a Sonoma Community Rune Library ... just east of the Luna Moongate .. its the big house on the south side (with the waterfall roof) .... also has public dye tubs ... feel free to utilize whatever you need. There are also give and take chests on the 3rd floor ... items donated by players to help each other ...take anything you may need and one day stop by and leave something you don't ...

*cookie hugs* :)
Squeeeeee! It's Queen Mum!!! :)

Just looking into downloading ICQ again now...too funny, been so long since I had it installed. Will ping you in a bit, and thanks for the guides :)

So much to do, so much to remember...but need to remember to make dinner or the family will all starve. o_O

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
No, no, not at all. I was able to re-place my old marble patio in its old spot, or almost exactly...it's called Milady's Fancy, as it used to be in the old days ;-)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
was there a revert last night? I could have swore I passed you a white bag and a chest last night, yet this morning the chest and bag were in my bag?

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Yep, mailbox up!

Dang...I'm Dastardly instead of Wicked now; need to fix that pronto!

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Oh...also, if anyone wants to reach me I have ICQ up now. #653475902

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran

Oh my gosh! I found it! Or, one of them at least, right near the front!

Miri, thank you so much for thinking to tell me about this...and thank you to those who set up the Garden, and to those who were kind enough to bring the soulstones they found. Just so amazing...

Havoc

Visitor
Would love to find some old friends I use to play with- Starbucks Apollo, Wysteria, Dream Star, Exquisite..... haven't talked to them in years!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Elenni miss seeing you in Sonoma. Come back and see us real soon. You have to come check out the new wedding décor at my Chapel of Love

come cut a slice of cake, grab a chocolate dipped strawberry & sip on champagne on the second floor... all endless and open for your enjoyment