• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player - GM swords/tactics/anatomy... can't even kill a single Lich

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
Bought a full plate suit in Britain and headed out to Yew... was promptly two shot. What's the trick to playing a melee character these days? Any help is appreciated!

saidlo3

Visitor
I have a feeling you might be playing the same shard as I do (I saw exactly your name in the global chat :D), first of all you need to make sure your resists are up to 70, if you buy armor from an NPC and not a player you won't get even close to that and any low level caster will kick your ass.

Just check your resists in the status and make sure you have ways of healing yourself. If any more help needed give us a shout :D

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Returning players can ofter ask in general chat, and others often a basic suit for free to get you up and running.

Yeah, the store bought suit - and any existing armor you may have had - are no longer sufficient for even basic fighting. Your skills are fine, but the suit makes the man. :)

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
Understood - thank you for the replies guys - I used the vendor search yesterday and wow, prices are extraordinary. I

started an EJ account (mage, same name) and did get some nice pieces of armor from some nice folks (I play on Atlantic - Ebonhawke helped me out big time with coin and gear) - I had been farming liches and seeing some decent gear drops, any other spawns worth hitting that drop good gear?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
with EJ account the game is little limited but yes you can find some spot for training or loots. better shame and deceit dungeon for a good training. you have EJ so i cant help more, otherwise can offer teleport in my house for go fast where you want

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
with EJ account the game is little limited but yes you can find some spot for training or loots. better shame and deceit dungeon for a good training. you have EJ so i cant help more, otherwise can offer teleport in my house for go fast where you want
I've subscribed at least for a few months - right now I'm working towards a Sampire build - I *can* kill liches solo if I'm careful, even then sometimes I have to run off to heal (I don't have a max resist suit - sitting in the 50s/60s for resists with the following skills:
GM Swords
GM Tactics
GM Resist
90.1 Anatomy
78.5 Healing
87 Parry
56 Bushido
51 Necro
60.4 Focus (draining this for other skills) - so 720 is my max for skills

Tried going to Shame but multiple pulls are just decimating me (likely as I don't have max physical resistance at this point, sitting at around 60ish) - just not seeing how a new player with zero funds could manage even Shame solo, unless I'm doing something terribly wrong. Even using a fairly decent weapon with additional elemental damage (although it's not optimized for Shame, 50% fire damage).

Where's your house located? I've been looking for a spot with a good rune library/teleporter for a while now...

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take your time in learning game mechanics new! I also have to learn them again when I come back, last time only 2 years away (with a short break on halloween last year). They do implement a lot you have to learn about when coming back. Maybe invest some time in reading here on stratics eg warrior forum. It is not a waste!

some hints:

- get an armor with near 70 on phys, fire and energy. For liches also cold and poison should be high
- get as much dex and stamina increase/lower mana cost as possible. First mod increases your attack speed and therefore damage per time and also healing speed, second one decreases mana costs of all your spells and special moves
- get an undead slayer weapon
- maybe think about hunting a less difficult target (liches can be nasty, there are better targets to farm and also build your char)

Regards, Fizzle

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
Agreed Fizzle! I haven't found a good overland spawn that fits the bill - don't necessarily need tons of fame, but 150+g a drop would be nice... definitely going to invest in an Undead slayer weapon and concentrate on getting a starter suit going later this evening.

Thanks for the advice!

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Have you tried the Earth Elementals in the mines South of New Haven?

Arthas

Visitor
Bought a full plate suit in Britain and headed out to Yew... was promptly two shot. What's the trick to playing a melee character these days? Any help is appreciated!
I'm sure you got this figured out now. I am returning as well. I can help if you need. I can 2 shot lich lords with my Paladin.

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
I'm sure you got this figured out now. I am returning as well. I can help if you need. I can 2 shot lich lords with my Paladin.
I'm doing *much* better - while I'm not 2-shotting LLs - I can handle them now... still working out whether Consecrate+EoO is the right macro for them (feeling it is) - but then again I've only got 60 Chivalry so... thoughts?

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
Have you tried the Earth Elementals in the mines South of New Haven?
Yes, I can farm them easily, even without
Demons would be better than Liches.
Agreed - found a rune library with one to Rock Ridge on Fire Island - aside from that bastage Greater Dragon below the temple, spawn isn't *too* bad - not nearly as nice as Wind for demons, but it's not bad at all (unless I pull two, then all bets are off - which is fine with me really).

Arthas

Visitor
I'm doing *much* better - while I'm not 2-shotting LLs - I can handle them now... still working out whether Consecrate+EoO is the right macro for them (feeling it is) - but then again I've only got 60 Chivalry so... thoughts?
Your chivalry just determines the casting success , your karma determines the strength and length of the effect. As you get better weapons and gear you won't need consecrate as much as Eoo and Divine fury