• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player from LONG ago - House spaces still available?

J

jaashua

Just wondering about the proliferation of available housing spaces on the different facets. Just a quick synopsis of the condition of availability will help as I plan where to place.

Also, I logged in for the first time in about four years last night and the Brit bank was empty. Is the game just devoid of players or does everybody hang out somewhere else now? Thanks.

G

Hi jaashua,

Welcome back. Most players can be found banking, selling and hanging around in Luna. Housing is easily found with a little looking around, although the most popular locations are harder to place in.

Hope that helps.

I

Ivan - MT

Spend a little time and a 18X18 spot should show up. Welcome back btw!

B

Biske

You know using big words only makes you look smart when it's appropriate.... Don't try to force it or it will have the opposite effect.

With that said there are a few good fel locations that I know of if you wanted to get a nice spot. Biggest one available at the moment is a 14x18. As far as tram... I wouldn't know. Haven't been in quite some time.

J

jaashua

Yeah. Anyway, I was just trying to be concise. I've got nobody to impress here. I wasn't just asking if there were housing spaces available. Specifically, I was wondering about things like proximity to cities or dungeons or mountains, how tightly clustered they are, things like that....with the intent of still being vague enough to hopefully get a nice general overview.

Maybe it was a dumb question. I'm sure I can find a plot on any facet. But since I want a little solitude but still convenience, it would help if I knew where to focus my search.

Still if I'd have proofread the subject and realized what a paunce I sounded like I probably would have changed it.

G

Don't apologize for being able to master grammar and the English language. Personally, I read your post and found it refreshing after reading many that look like they were written by a 6 yr. old. If you read other posts by Biske, you'll find that he likes to stir the pot.
I get a kick out of him but as you'll learn with a few of the posters, you sometimes have to take their replies with a grain of salt.

I'm going to do some searching around the area I live in Malas. I know there were quite a few spots available for 18X18's but I'm not sure if that's still the case. I'll post if I find anything. In the meantime, welcome back to UO, Jaashua!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Don't apologize for being able to master grammar and the English language.

[/ QUOTE ]Ditto. There was nothing wrong with the way you posed your question.

Try the mountains north of Luna... might find that secluded plot and still be close to town.

G

This is protocol for Biske and if you have ever read any of his posts you would find him posting "big words" quite often. Although sometimes helpful, i'm not sure any congeniality awards will be handed out.

Welcome back jaashua!

B

Biske

Awww you guys make me blush. Flattery will get you nowhere though, I still won't put out.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Flattery will get you nowhere though, I still won't put out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That made me LOL IRL!!

G

*ROFLMBO* Oh man! Me too. I just love the way some people's twisted minds work.

I

imported_Tina Small

Jaashua, I know of two large plots right next to each other (see the screenshot) just west of Umbra that are open. I'm pretty sure there are some other large plots available in the area (try near the lake). The area is very convenient for running from the Umbra moongate and is home to many members of the Underground Knights. Just watch out a bit for the vampire bats if you're running around with new and mostly defenseless characters.

J

jaashua

Thanks. I didn't need that large of a house. I'm not much of a packrat and won't be hosting any galas.
I was mostly looking for convenience and maybe being a little higher profile if I add a vendor.

I actually placed a 10x9 custom two screens east/northeast of the Moonglow moongate. I know nobody uses those things any more, but it's going to be easy for me to move stuff to and fro as I get started with my newbie characters.

Having trouble customizing it because I want it to fit in with the city, but I'll be done with it soon enough.