• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player, easy spots to farm.

Tysong

Visitor
I'm looking for ideas for mobs to farm. Focused spawned spots, where there isn't a lot of clutter and extra spawn. I like higher end spots. Miasma, balrons in dojo, ancient wyrms in ilsh. These are my usual spots. Looking to mix things up. I farmed these spots back in the day and was curious if there is anything new.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get T maps from Miasma and those other things and dig up the chests. I'm sure the Skull Rug will net a few Mill. The chests have a lot more gold than they used to. The Mysterious Fragments and other items from the chests will also sell unless you want to keep those for the upcoming event that uses the Fragments.

Doing what you are doing now and finding the T maps will make you a decent amount of gold and is not super boring. Otherwise go to spawns with a group and grab gold.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Look up trader quests. I did a couple with a buddy of mine and got a .5 mysticism and a .2 animal taming SoA. They aren’t overly exciting but it’s fun getting out and seeing the world and both of those rewards are worth about 1.5m combined. More effective than farming if you’re looking for gold, in my opinion.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Trade Quests are great for a lot of things... getting the lay of the land one of the best things. Building up some skills for you and pets is another... and you get a chance at good pinks in the process... can't be that.

I also like the T-Hunting.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
RE: Trade Order quests.

Many people claim that the resources are a real let-down, and wish they got more pinks.

BUT... Those tend to be the people doing 1-3 line trade orders.

Once you get up to the 5-line quests, eventually the rewards can include 180-200 Valorite (ingots or granite), frostwood, etc. These days, that much valorite sells for around 1.5-2 million. You just have to work yourself up to where the resource rewards get as good as the pinks.