• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player - Crafting Tamer/Fisher Suit

Hazela

Visitor
Hello, I played many moons ago from inception to '02ish, recently returned and wow - a lot has changed! That being said, I'm very limited in funds (probably a mil or less in the bank), and my characters aren't geared enough to do Roof for armor drops, so I am stuck crafting gear with my 120smith/GMtailor/120imbuer. With all of the crafting changes, I'm not sure what the best method is to go about crafting my pieces. After a bit of research, I see the process is 'Reforge, POF, Imbue, Enhance, Refine', but do I craft the piece initially with a runic? Or just a regular tool? Additionally, what kind of armor do I make it out of?

For reference, the (finished) template will be:

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Med
120 Fishing
120 Magery
120 Eval

I would 'like' the suit to have:

100% LRC
Max (55% ?) LMC
2/6 or higher casting
SDI - high as I can get it
DCI - as high as I can get it
70s Resists
Luck - ?

I'm not sure if there is anything I am missing, but that's the basic intent. I really want to get into doing the High Seas stuff. Playing a tamer, I intend for the pet to do most of the work (Rune beetle, Nightmare, Dragon, etc). I'll heal and do supplemental damage as necessary.

So - can someone point me in the right direction with how to go about this?

Thanks!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
In order to reforge the item has to be a normally created piece from a normal kit. The runic tools are used in the reforge process, not in the initial crafting.

With your playstyle (ie supplementary damage only), if it were me, I would not put a premium on the SDI on the initially crafted starter suit. As you add uber pieces/Artis (from Roof etc) that is when I would transition to worrying about SDI. Drop pieces FAR exceed any crafted pieces these days. Also, FC/FCR is still capped at 2/6 for Magery so no real reason to exceed that on the suit.

Last edited:

Hazela

Visitor
In order to reforge the item has to be a normally created piece from a normal kit. The runic tools are used in the reforge process, not in the initial crafting.

With your playstyle (ie supplementary damage only), if it were me, I would not put a premium on the SDI on the initially crafted starter suit. As you add uber pieces/Artis (from Roof etc) that is when I would transition to worrying about SDI. Drop pieces FAR exceed any crafted pieces these days. Also, FC/FCR is still capped at 2/6 so no real reason to exceed that on the suit.
Gotcha, this helps immensely.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For medable armor, the max LMC is 40%.

If you choose to go non-medable, some more options open up.
While non-med will make your Med worthless, you could opt for Focus instead.
Non-med armor has several types of armor that gives additional LMC that goes over the cap.
Plus, non-med armor has the ability to use refinements, so that you could use to lower resist caps below 70 to raise DCI, or lower DCI caps to raise resist caps.