• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player, about archer bard...

Zeroh

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings!

Thanks to RTB i subbed again and i want to continue with the archer bard I started 3 years ago. The template i was using was:

120 Discordance
120 Musicianship
120 Tactics
100 Archery (120 with Hunter's Headress)
100 Bushido
70 Chivalry
90 Meditation

100 STR
100 DEX
30 INT
(230 Cap)

Is this build still viable? I have been looking around the bards forum and i haven't any recent post about archer bards. If not, any recommendations? I'm open to everything but i would like to still be an archer.

Thanks!

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is definitely a playable template.

You want to make sure music and discord skills are actually real skills and if you can get a soul stone to switch to 120 provo when needed the character could have even more options.

You might have to redo your suit using reforging and imbue options to have higher stam and mana pool. Make sure your LMC is at 40 or you find running both songs would not be possible.

To make sure you get even more mana during your fights, you would want to make sure you have high mana leech on your composite bows when you update them.

I personally run a discord thrower and it can do amazing damage with both discord mastery song going while spamming armor ignore.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yup yup
disco archer is one of my most fav templates.

like mentioned above, make sure your suit is pimp-tastic with 40LMC and as much MR as you can jam onto it.
then id add more dex to the suit to get you up to 120/150 range, faster shooting is allways good, then of course max out the HCI, then make sure your weapon has hit lower defence maxed and as much mana leech as you can get on it.

they yup, sit back, disco the mob and plink away!
if its big and other guys are tanking you can allways drop the disco masteries on it while you dance around!

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is better to stack mana and have a semi reason MR would be enough.

I think that Dev have mentioned that at certain point, it is more beneficial to stack mana increase versus overstacking MR.

Zeroh

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the answers!

Now I only need to finish raising discordance :oops:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I think it is better to stack mana and have a semi reason MR would be enough.

I think that Dev have mentioned that at certain point, it is more beneficial to stack mana increase versus overstacking MR.
your talking about the diminishing returns for mana regeneration. and that number is 30.