• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning old school player, pvp mage... how is it done now?

Jablamar

Visitor
I'm returning from late 90's-2000 to play UO again.

My old mage was probably something like:

100 Magery
100 Eval int
100 Resist
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
100 Wrestling
100 Meditation
(700)

Pretty much had a chance at beating anyone (or at least running away, healing, and trying again)
Upon my few days back, I've noticed a lot has changed! Does pure mage template build still exist and if so what changes do I need to make?
Thanks in advance.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm returning from late 90's-2000 to play UO again.

My old mage was probably something like:

100 Magery
100 Eval int
100 Resist
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
100 Wrestling
100 Meditation
(700)

Pretty much had a chance at beating anyone (or at least running away, healing, and trying again)
Upon my few days back, I've noticed a lot has changed! Does pure mage template build still exist and if so what changes do I need to make?
Thanks in advance.
If you're pre-AoS than it's a very different game. I don't pvp that often but when I do I see bokuto mages and parry mages mostly. Most pvp templates use +skill jewelry to get over 800 skill points. If you are just getting back into pvp I'd go parry chiv mage because they are excellent defensively, although not that strong on O. Your going to need excellent gear and 120 scrolls :) I'm sure someone can give you a current mage template. Pvp isn't grabbing gm armor and a verite weap anymore, it takes lots of knowledge to build the suit and play (as well as a decent gold investment). As much as we all complain though.......we all come back from other mmo's for it :)

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Jablamar

Visitor
Yep pre-AOS... thanks for the advice., looks like I'll need to go PVM first. I won't have access to any of those items anytime soon.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
or you could join Siege Perilous which is the closest you will get to pre-Trammel and pre-insurance. The good thing about it is you won't be seeing any of those ridiculous 800+ skill point templates. Pure mages, however, are a thing of the past...