• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning/New player

A

andrew505p

Posted this in UHALL, but i'm guessing might be better to post right in server forum I'm planning on playing.

Hey guys, just thought I'd pop in and welcome myself and ask for a little non-monetary charity.

I played UO for roughly 4 Months in 2000. I would have only been about 14 years old at the time, but my memories of the game were mixed. The good ones being amazing. I met some great great people. Everything in the game was going great, and a couple months in i had managed to save enough- or almost enough for my first house. Then, out of my ignorance i got scammed. I still remember it perfectly, and for eight years ago that is saying a lot.

I found a small tower (i think that is what they were/are called) in Fel for sale. Not having enough money, two very nice friends/veterans gave me an "extended" loan, nothing crazy but a few hundred thousand. I, not knowing what i was doing, bought a deed for an house item (a pentagram?) and they named the house the name of that item. I fell for it, and on top of that was murdered and lost the deed.

I lost my money, but i felt horrible because i had also wasted the money of these 2 amazing people who had helped me since day 1. I continued playing for a bit, but at this point it was pretty much over for me. Moved onto a different game and played there for several years. A couple years ago when the UO:KR client came out, i bought 10th anniversary pack and loaded up the new client and to my dismay it didn't run on my system very well at all. Everything got extremely busy, and i promised myself that when i finally bought a new computer i'd come back and play.

A few weeks ago i just did that, and have a computer that is more then sufficient in running UO:KR. While i did run into the scam, the good people i met and the friends i made far outweighed friends I've ever made in any other games. I know i'm late, and i may have missed the boat on a lot of great times, but after some thinking, i've decided better late then never.

I don't remember much about this game, builds, hunting spots, even where major cities are located. I've resubbed and finished downloading the client and ready to get back in the game (thinking Atlantic). If anyone would be so kind as to give me a hand getting back on my feet, i would really appreciate it. Not asking for Money or anything of that manner, but maybe somebody who could just help me get comfortable with everything again.
Thanks guys, and sorry for the Novel!
-Andrew

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back :)

The good part is about housing...there is plenty available to place.

Other then that a whole lot has changed since 2000... may as well consider it a whole new game.

make sure you read the welcome to Atlantic sticky there is a lot of info in there.

Good Luck on your future adventures :)

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back Andrew.

As a new/returning player do the new player quests in New Haven to learn your skills again that you need to gain in.
You can get these from various NPC's in New Haven that will teach you skills, and give you a reward when you have completed the tasks.

As far as builds go, perhaps a swordsman may be the quickest to gain in for now. Swords, Parry, Anatomy, Tactics, Chivalry, Healing, Focus, for now. You could always play with it later and drop things to add in say some Bushido later. It depends on what you enjoy playing too. Archer, Mage, Tamer, Fencer...the list can be endless.

Perhaps one of our KR users can jump in and help you macro's and things.

Explore and relearn the lay of the lands. Visit WinterBreeze and Goodman's Libraries to find some of the places you enjoyed in the past. And don't be afraid to ask questions. There are lots of nice folks out there that will help if you ask.

May you have many grand adventures!
Be Safe