• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Return To Britannia

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I admit I have lost track of time with UO and it's history, but has there been any RTB since the account mergers took place? I am wondering if this is one of the reasons there is some difficulty this time around. I know that every RTB prior to this went incredibly smoothly (with exception of those RTB houses that are still standing but that is a different issue).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think there's been a Return to Brit since 2009, so this would be the first since the accounts change. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me. :)

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra is right, no RtB for several years. Cal talked about it last year, but like so much of what he said, it never came to pass.

Can anyone really be surprised that the account (mis)management system is behind the weirdness? Yet another amateurish last-minute-rush-it-out-the-door black mark on the Anniversary "celebration."

Last edited:

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think there's been a Return to Brit since 2009, so this would be the first since the accounts change. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me. :)
There was that accidental one they had for a week. After people started logging into their old accounts out of the blue and posting about it on Stratics, I think Cal said oh hey btw have a return to brit!

Last edited:

UODeckard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
no email, just a quick message to get the word out ASAP.
I'm not faulting you, far from it.

This isn't gettIng the word out to the general public, this is just getting the word out to a small number of people on Stratics, many of whom are already active players.

It's important information that should be on the UO herald and that is squarely on the shoulders of EA.

Does not give a good impression to people who aren't already playing.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think you do anything at this point, MissEcho, to force an account into the RTB promo program. It looks to me as if UO accounts that were linked since the Account Management site was set up a year ago and that became inactive sometime since maybe late October 2011 or mid-November 2011 are the only UO accounts so far that have been "activated" for free under the RTB promo program. From what Petra passed along a few hours ago, it sounds like EA is working to expand the reach of the program, but we haven't had any additional word yet on how that's going. My guess is that they'll bring the Account Management site down again sometime tonight or tomorrow and it will happen after that for another block of currently closed UO accounts.
Thanks Tina,

I only returned to UO after a 2+ yr absence in late December 2011. I linked all my accounts (5) then and currently have 3 open. I want to see what chars etc I have on the other 2 to decide if they worth me opening again. Plus have a few friends who left before me who are asking about it.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IF memory serves we've had a Return to brit every year!

All apart from last year I believe.. but I might be wrong.

L

Ladybird

Just found this on UOHerald customer service tab :-

Issues with Return to Britannia
Kai Schober
5 Sep 2012 18:14:34 EST
We have discovered an issue that is causing some accounts not able to log in with the Return to Britannia. We are working to resolve this issue and should have a fix by tomorrow. We will update you as soon as we have additional information.

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im so pissed off, my alt accounts are part of this old system and I could not log them in. I guess I'll just have to play my active account. Thanks for nothing EA, you suck! </sarcasm>

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra is right, no RtB for several years. Cal talked about it last year, but like so much of what he said, it never came to pass.

Can anyone really be surprised that the account (mis)management system is behind the weirdness? Yet another amateurish last-minute-rush-it-out-the-door black mark on the Anniversary "celebration."
Nope you are both incorrect.

[UO Herald] "Return of the Legends" Celebration Begins!

Post by: claudia-fjp, Sep 28, 2010 in forum: UHall

I also have a house from around April of 2011 and the New Magincia Lotto when they accidentally turned it on.

You should remember, your post was the next after mine in that thread. :p

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like they are making a bit of progress with the login issues, as I can get into some I couldn't this morning.

What I don't get tho, is if the RTB accounts are not sposed to get gifts, why didn't they just tell that up front? See, this is that secrecy thing we fuss about alla time. They knew most people were waiting to get gifts on those, if it was designed not to give em, just tell us!

L

Ladybird

I'M IN!!! It's fixed - at least for me it is, I can log all my closed accounts in now!

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like they are making a bit of progress with the login issues, as I can get into some I couldn't this morning.

What I don't get tho, is if the RTB accounts are not sposed to get gifts, why didn't they just tell that up front? See, this is that secrecy thing we fuss about alla time. They knew most people were waiting to get gifts on those, if it was designed not to give em, just tell us!
Someone on another thread said they did get to get their gifts until maintenance then couldn't get them anymore. So some lucky few who could log on before server up still got their gifts.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look at the silver lining of this RTB mess, with most old accounts not giving the gifts, those who want them to sell can add six or seven more zeroes to the prices they sell the gifts for. :banana::pirate::danceb:

$$ka-ching$$ :rolleyes:

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I just logged in and had xmas and 9th anny items on my chars. Collected those up and turned them in for clean up points. HA, screw you EA, didn't think of everything did you!!!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well...the one account I wanted to get into...I had placed a house during the last *secret* WBtB and I logged in INSIDE the house, it's still standing..didn't get booted out....though the characters that WERE on this account are all gone..which makes no sense.

BUT all of my accounts are now Return to Brit active, THANKS! :) (Though this one does have a house still standing....)

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Did they put a hold on your card? They did on mine. I'm going to keep checking the next few days to see if it goes off my card.
Kinda, i couldnt use the same CC i use for my main account it didnt accept it which is weired but a know issue if i remember all the posts about that the last months i have seen.
I used a different card...

This account thingy is so bad, its not a secret alot of old players give up on returning if they are confronted with this crazyness - i returned almost a year ago after 6 years absence, and i was shocked how long it took me to figure out how to log in again - i recently talked to some of my old guild friends who all quit around 2004/2005 and 2 of em tried to reactivate, end gave up...one gave me his account and i managed to reactivate it. But ok, this is another story, shouldnt mix it up with RTB here...

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been going through my multitude of various accounts and not all of them are active yet. There are still a few which seemed to have been missed by whatever script they wrote for applying the Return to Britannia code. Mind you, it's not that the account is banned or anything. I imagine that would be done via email address and I have other accounts on the same email address (ie Master EA account) that have the code applied to them.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well: I have also one unlinked account of which I either forgot the password (I'm pretty sure not, but who knows) or which is not actived for RTB. And since this is not my account, the password request email goes to the original owners mail, to whom I lost the contact years ago. But well, its not that important, but mentioning this as incidence.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was getting message on my unused account that it had to be linked...suddenly, it started working. Good to go :)

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
But I just logged in and had xmas and 9th anny items on my chars. Collected those up and turned them in for clean up points. HA, screw you EA, didn't think of everything did you!!!
They some kind screwed you, if you looking for item bless deeds now hehe ;)