• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Retrieving a very old account...how to?

F

Farquhar

I'm trying to recover my old uo account as I have no played in many years. Is that possible? I don't have the cd keyfor it anymore unfortunately.

Also, where would I download the client?

F

Farquhar

I am going to assume (I know...) that this account has not been migrated to the revamped EA account system. You might find some useful info in the sticky thread above.

Account Migration - Ongoing Problems? | Stratics Forums
thanks. Yes it has not been migrated (To my knowledge) anywhere. It hasn't been playing in probably 8 or 9 years. I think though that the e-mail associated to the account no longer exists as the account was made back in 1997 or 98 and I was 18 years old then hehe. Would be nice to get my characters back and see what the game is about

F

Farquhar

Is there a contact number for billing for ultima online accounts?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I believe that phone number can be found in the thread I linked for you.

F

Farquhar

I believe that phone number can be found in the thread I linked for you.
Man this is a little frustrating...everything sends you around in circles. I keep getting past to my ea master account, which I am in but there is no option for ultima online and it isn't in the game list.

Also I tried to call a 1-800 number that automatically hung up on me when I pressed 7 for "other games" They don't make this very easy.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Man this is a little frustrating...everything sends you around in circles. I keep getting past to my ea master account, which I am in but there is no option for ultima online and it isn't in the game list.

Also I tried to call a 1-800 number that automatically hung up on me when I pressed 7 for "other games" They don't make this very easy.
Press 4 instead of 7 at this # 1 866-543-5435

Last edited:

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a contact number for billing for ultima online accounts?
I have 2 #'s for you to try that work for me. 650-628-1001 I usually get a person pretty quick on this one but be prepared for slow confused techs as it takes them abit to actually find UO information. The other # is 866-543-5435, dont use any prompts, just wait for operator on this # . I hope all turns out well for ya

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Call EA support it's the only way trust me I tried for weeks I couldn't even find my account let alone get it linked but the lady on the phone was very nice..and for some odd reason she didn't ask me for old billing or old emails or anything just to verify the characters on the account :/ strangely enough

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Good luck. Come see us on Siege when ya get up and running. *smiles*

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You have to create a Mythic account and link it to the EA account - that's why UO doesn't appear in the EA account list of games. The migration FAQs go into details on such things.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if it is super old it's probably been deleted, has happened to me. Inactive account for 10+ years could not be found and I was told it simply is not around anymore. GL

F

Farquhar

if it is super old it's probably been deleted, has happened to me. Inactive account for 10+ years could not be found and I was told it simply is not around anymore. GL
I got it back, I actually in the game hehe. All my characters items have been removed so I guess my account at some point in the last 8 years has been hacked, but oh well.

F

Farquhar

I remember nothing. I can't figure out how to insure an item either...this is going to be a long process

F

Farquhar

Left click on yourself for a bunch of options, insuring stuff being one of them :)
Thanks, the things you forget when you don't know how to play!

My next question is...is there a semi large active group of people in a guild on Lake Superior? Or, if I can buy a character transfer, which east coast server, has an active player base for social adventuring. I am mainly looking for pve and social activity.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thanks, the things you forget when you don't know how to play!

My next question is...is there a semi large active group of people in a guild on Lake Superior? Or, if I can buy a character transfer, which east coast server, has an active player base for social adventuring. I am mainly looking for pve and social activity.
Save your money on a character transfer. If your account is that old you probably don't have much in the way of skills that work for today's UO, and working skills has been made very very easy now. So unless you have maxed out taming or poisoning your best bet is just to make a new character wherever you want.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What Flutter said.