• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Restarts - maintenance Jobs

G

Hi am i the only one that is getting annoyed with the restarts during work time..i mean we are trying to earn money in this city and seems like everytime i go to work it gets cut short by a restart or maintenance..all im asking is please couldnt you do restarts maybe at 5- 6am sim time when no one is at their job?

G

Stacee, Yeah they may have picked a little bad timing, shouldve waited for after the last shift.

But they are doing to help us all, Restarting helps so the lags disspears. and they do this a few times a day. They have said that this is NOT their final sollution for the problem, its only temporary. So that good

-Toby

G

Hmm how can it be the jobs adding to the lag when jobs have bee around for ever if you ask me its all the CC..takes forever to load and the houses with more in it i lag the worst...

I

imported_shredded.carrot

Hmm, I don't experience lag at all really... Only once! In a full house of like 30 plus 4 roomies or something. Maybe it's because I am in AUS and I'm on at times most ppl arent.... A thing to ponder

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think it's the jobs adding to the lag...

[/ QUOTE ]

At work I don't start to experience lag untill the belt starts to bring the bots around. Other than that lag isn't really that big of a problem that isn't manageable.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hi am i the only one that is getting annoyed with the restarts during work time..i mean we are trying to earn money in this city and seems like everytime i go to work it gets cut short by a restart or maintenance..all im asking is please couldnt you do restarts maybe at 5- 6am sim time when no one is at their job?

[/ QUOTE ]

Devs can you time the restarts or maintenance until after the work shift? You end up wasting your time and valuable simoleans for no reason. And it's may take a little longer to get a promotion.

W

Whitilicious 07'

You have to remember all jobs are at different times , so no matter when they reset it will be cutting into someones job time !

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm, I don't experience lag at all really... Only once! In a full house of like 30 plus 4 roomies or something. Maybe it's because I am in AUS and I'm on at times most ppl arent.... A thing to ponder

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL im in Australia too

G

That is true..
But I think the Factory job is the most popular one, cannot say for sure? But they cut the power hehe, when there is like 2 mins left of a round.. Which I totally understand is annyoing, they should time it to a break, no matter what job thet cut it in..

I

imported_TraciRK

yes, they do restart, but they give you a 15 min warning most times, so if you are working an 8 min shift, you can tell if it is worth starting the next round. I just work the last round that I can in the time they tell us and log out.

Yes, it is a pain in the you-know-what but until it is fixed, we will just have to find ways to work around it. I would prefer less lag than try to work in laggy factory where people die, if I die I would prefer it be by a co-worker or my own stupidity than lag lol.

G

For sure!
the lag is not good way to get killed.

the reason im upset about it, is that last week, I was at work when we got the 15 mins warning, and we were 4 guys working together. And we were like, ok we have 15 mins left, we gonna make this round trough at least, and there was like 6 mins left it.

then when there was about 2 mins left, we all errored, and when trying get back on the city was offline, and it way before we actually should go down...

I literally started screaming and twitching in my chair!
lol

-Toby