• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Responsibility

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe some of the people duping are part of the Dev team and then they sell it for RL cash.

If this is accurate, what would be their motivation to fixing it?

BTW, I'm sure it isn't accurate, but a long time ago, 1998 or 1999 there was a GM who was banned or fired for duping gold and selling it on ebay. So this kind of thing can happen.

P

Pax

In response to your post though, I would think it would have taken more than one person to do what was done on with the KR client. No it wasn't done well, and even that effort shows a lack of commitment and developmental "bandwidth", but I still think that took some serious effort by more than one person.
The thing is, they didn't need a whole new 3D version, they already had a perfectly servicable one, the old 3D a lot of us loved because of its perks, that functioned well and was an almost seamless transition of interface from 2D to 3D. If they'd *kept* the old 3D client and just reworked its graphics (as some very talented players demonstrated was comparatively easy to do), they would've had a much better 3D offering that remained in-line with the ease-of-play UO players have come to love about the 2D client, and it would have been unbeleavably less buggy than KR has turned out to be as well.

Be well - Pax

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anything the recent actions against accounts show that Mythic cares a great deal about UO and are committed to it's future. If they didn't care they certainly wouldn't be making the kind of investment in time and effort that this last sweep entailed.
Llewen, I will agree that certain individuals at EA seem to care about UO. However, I believe that whoever planned and drafted the communications for the recent bannings did a particularly sloppy job of it.

The notice that one of my accounts was banned started out by saying one of my accounts was banned for violating ToS Rule 19. It then went on to say I need to immediately cease all illegal game activity or my account will be immediately closed. This is reiterated in the next paragraph, saying additional violations will lead to account termination. I think at least few would agree it is a bit puzzling to receive a letter with this particular sequence of statements, i.e., "your account is banned and you'd better stop your illegal activities or your account will be banned!"

When I followed the procedure for questioning the banning, the explanation I was given from someone in Player Relations made it appear the banning was for a violation of ToS Rule 20. Again, puzzling and confusing when matched up with the initial communication.

Does this mean the person(s) who drafted these particular communication pieces doesn't or don't care about UO? I have no way to know. All I know is that they are not particularly skilled in drafting clear communications or they drafted them very quickly by cutting and pasting from several different sources and may not have had them reviewed before mailing them. Very possibly the two communication pieces were drafted by different areas that were not communicating with each other all that well regarding what the message to their customers in this situation should be.

I leave you to draw your own conclusions as to what any of this implies about the EA staff. Caring folks? Maybe. Competent folks? Hard to tell just based on what I've seen.