• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

resize

M

Maryjeans1

How do I resize my house? I try and a target came out, then I didnt know what to do. Thanks

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From http://update.uo.com/design_592.html:
Added the House Resizing command:
Saying "I wish to resize my house" while standing under the house sign demolishes your house as though you'd used that option from the house sign
NOTE: This is an actual "demolish" - if you have grandfathered houses, resizing your house will condemn them just like placing a new one would. Also, items will behave just as though you demolished the house - they will drop to the ground.
Places a one hour account-bound placement zone where your house used to be
Any character on the account is guaranteed replacement on the same plot for an hour
Circumvents the normal 7 day delay between demolishes/rebuilds
The new house can be smaller or larger than the original area, as long as the surrounding area can accommodate the change

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A friend of mine just tried to resize her house, and is now getting she must wait a week message before she can place again .. and, yes, she used the resize option. I tried to test place a house where here house was and get the housing is temporarily unavailable in this area message. We both paged a GM. The canned reply I received was ... I can't page for another person. The reply she received was this is an issue for the dev team. In other words, she will lose her house spot due to some glitch with the house resize option.

S

Sarphus

A friend of mine just tried to resize her house, and is now getting she must wait a week message before she can place again .. and, yes, she used the resize option. I tried to test place a house where here house was and get the housing is temporarily unavailable in this area message. We both paged a GM. The canned reply I received was ... I can't page for another person. The reply she received was this is an issue for the dev team. In other words, she will lose her house spot due to some glitch with the house resize option.
Wow... that stinks

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ouch, it's a great "new option" but yeah if it does not work then it's going to cause alot of new issues. would be horrible to resize your house in "luna" where houses are worth alot more... and then run into this issue.... FIX IT! or disable to option till the issue is worked out.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have resized a house. Did not know at first, but after you say the magic words, and plop a new plot down, you do not get any confirmation window. It took me 4 tries to get the size and placement I wanted, but I could only try once per hour. Other than that, it worked like a charm. Only difference in my case and the OP is that my house was a dirt plot at the time. I have since resized another, but before I did, I cleared the house down to a plot first, and had no issues.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hers was down to a emtpy plot, also. My friend would get the you must wait 168 hours as soon as she clicked the house place tool. She tried a different tool, a different char on the same account, etc ... Every time, she'd receive the must wait message. As this is such a nice location, and I couldn't stand the idea that she'd lose it, I reactivated an account I seldom use. When her hour was up, and I no longer got the housing temporarily unavailable message, I replaced her house, and will transfer it back to her in a week.

M

MYUO

Your friend probably acquired the house from someone else and tried to resize it right after that.

I recently resized my house without problems. Here are some advice for would be resizers:
1) Before resizing, make sure you have owned your house for more than 7 days. Make sure you have some gold (a few hundred K) in your bank box.
2)Resizing is like demolishing your house but keeping your lot un-placable by others for 1 hour. You can place a new house on the lot just like placing a house on any new lot. If not satisfied, resize it 1 hour later. The first time your resize the house, there will be a gump asking if you are sure to place a house there. The gump may not show up the 2nd time you resize at the same location.
3) Remove everything from your house, including all vendors. Make sure that there is nothing in your moving crate. The vendors that other ppl rented from you could end up in your moving crate.
4) If you are resizing your house to a large size (18x18, keep, castle) or at a popular location, using tracking (preferrably gm) to detect possible stealthers. They can't place right on top of the lot that you are resizing, but they could place in front of/behind it and use your lot as the required margin between houses. If that happens, you won't even be able to place your old house back.
5) When you resize, don't rush. Clicking too many times on the house placement tool with a slow internet connection could result in triggering the anti-script timer. Have multiple house placement tool in your pack just in case.

This is what I can think of for now. Good luck!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your friend probably acquired the house from someone else and tried to resize it right after that.

I recently resized my house without problems. Here are some advice for would be resizers:
1) Before resizing, make sure you have owned your house for more than 7 days. Make sure you have some gold (a few hundred K) in your bank box.
2)Resizing is like demolishing your house but keeping your lot un-placable by others for 1 hour. You can place a new house on the lot just like placing a house on any new lot. If not satisfied, resize it 1 hour later. The first time your resize the house, there will be a gump asking if you are sure to place a house there. The gump may not show up the 2nd time you resize at the same location.
3) Remove everything from your house, including all vendors. Make sure that there is nothing in your moving crate. The vendors that other ppl rented from you could end up in your moving crate.
4) If you are resizing your house to a large size (18x18, keep, castle) or at a popular location, using tracking (preferrably gm) to detect possible stealthers. They can't place right on top of the lot that you are resizing, but they could place in front of/behind it and use your lot as the required margin between houses. If that happens, you won't even be able to place your old house back.
5) When you resize, don't rush. Clicking too many times on the house placement tool with a slow internet connection could result in triggering the anti-script timer. Have multiple house placement tool in your pack just in case.

This is what I can think of for now. Good luck!
You are correct in that she had not owned the house for a week. We had both checked on the house resizing rules, and did not find anything indicating a minimum ownership time, just that resizing does not count as an actual demolish other than it places grandfathered houses on the same account into decay. I am certain we shall both remember the week ownership in the future.
Thank you for the positive input on this, much appreciated.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmm I place my house yesterday and I resize the plot 10-15 times...
it will return the message that you must wait 168 hours but ignore it, the plot will be placed anyway... if you read before the message of the 168 hours, you will see the standard house placing errors, you just need to use the journal ;)
Just remember that you have only 1 hour to rebuild the house.

T

timbeOFbaja

I'm so sorry for her. Where is the plot so I can go weep beside it on her behalf?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There should be no such thing as house resizing in Felucca. In Trammel who cares.
There should be no such thing as Felucca. They should have forced the PvPers to move to a new facet, devoid of housing, with nothing but blood and bloodshed.