• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Research: LGBT+ people who are aged 18-30 and 'coming out' online.

Dalocktar

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Paul and I am at the University of Wales, Newport (UK) studying a BA (Hons) Youth & Community Degree.

I am in my third year and I have to research and write a dissertation as part of my studies and for this I have chosen young people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and other minority sexual orientation or gender identities (Non-heteronormative).

This research will be looking at the Virtual World/Cyberspace as a platform for trialling out real life experiences in particular the ‘coming out’ process that many LGBT+ individuals choose to take.

The research undertaken will be used to work with young people who might be questioning their identity as LGBT+ and offer a way to support them in the future.

This research will take place in 2 stages, a quantitative survey for statistics and a qualitative survey for more personal answers.

I am asking if you are reading this and you identify as LGBT+ and are between the ages of 18 and 30 or you know of someone who can help fill in a quick survey, I would be most appreciative. It will only take 5-15 minutes of your time.

Please click here for the Quantitative survey. (This will end on the 23 March 2013).

For more information about this research and a link to the Qualitative Survey please click here.