• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Requesting Information on Poisoning and Magery

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I read the stuff on poisoning and the poison spell(s) in Magery.

Poisons your target. One of the best pvp spells in the game. Poison prevents bandages from healing damage, heal spells will also not work. Can be fully resisted at high resist magic levels. Does damage depending on the formula ((Magery + Poisoning) / 2):
Less than 65.1 : Level 1 poison
65.1 to 85 : Level 2 poison
85.1 to 99.9 : Level 3 poison
100 and higher : Level 4 poisoning.
I went to TC1 and set

Poisoning to Max (120?).
Magery to Max.

I went to despise and cast poison on an Ogre (note: NOT an Ogre Lord)

The Ogre basically Health Regen'd off the effects of the Poison spell. I did this abut 8 times to make sure there was not just some random thing invoved?

What are the REAL requirements for the NOX Mage, or were they Nerf'd.

Zhakarin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about test center, but on a current prod shard, you want your magery and poisoning skills to add up to 200, so 120 magery/80 poisoning or 110 magery/90 poisoning, etc. It's based off adjusted skill, not real, so if you've a mage weapon that's -21 and you're using a crystalline, you'd need 81 poisoning, not 80. There is no benefit from going over the minimum for level 4. One note, targeted poisoning is range based, maybe you were standing too far away to get level 4. Fields will always inflict the max poison level, so try a field instead, or get closer for direct poison spell (2 tiles for level 4 I believe.)

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Poison skill has a max of 100. The combination of poison and magery needs to be 200, to get the additional effect poison offers. The direct spell only has a small chance to be bumped up to deadly, and you must be within a couple tiles of your target, try the poison field spell, it will always be deadly, if you have the 200 combined points.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and by 'deadly' sadly all it means is it hurts a teeny bit until i get a bandie or a potion. i thought of becoming a poisoner but after testing it on testcenter i had to give up; definitely not worth the skillpoints for what small damage it inflicts.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you did set the skill to 120, this may have ended as 12 poisoning skill.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you did set the skill to 120, this may have ended as 12 poisoning skill.
*Shrug* Useually you get a message stateing the valid range is 0 to 1000 (1000=100.0).

I will check again as I want to see the PField effect.

I thought it was caped at 100 but got insecure at the last minute and posted it the way I did.

I am also going to check the proximity thing.