• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Request for Adivce on Character Template

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am looking to make a character that can go anywhere, primarily to mark runes etc. I may want this character to be able to steal things.

Ok I suspect the core skills would be

Hiding and Stealth. I can see these being Hiding(100) Stealth(120) soonish, oh say this week.

I have stealing currently set at 50, presumably to 120?

Magery at 100?
Meditation at 100?
Focus at 100?
Chivalry 40?

The above is without Jewelry and I can bring some good plus's to stealth and magery.

I do not expect to fight or kill with this character but I need to be able to in a pinch. I think the quick mana recover and the magery will allow me to fight well enough to vacate a bad situation.

For stats I am very unclear what they should be.

To throw a stake into the ground I am targeting

str(105)
dex(25)
Int(125)

The above assumes the +25 power scrol (probably wont happen) and the +5 for 6 month old account(?).

Ok, any advice, opinion etc will be considered.

E

Emil IsTemp

120 Mage
90/120 Steal (120 w/ Sha Dancers + burglars babushka)
90/120 Stealth (120 w/ Sha Dancers + burglars babushka)
90/100 Snoop (100 w/ burglars babushka)
80 Hiding

Puts you @ 470 points. Rest is up to you..

Room for 2x 120s still..

C

Connor_Graham

My Thief/Mage might have the type of template you're looking for:

Hiding 100
Stealth 80 (this is all you need if you're in medable armor to hide 100% of the time and stealth)
Stealing 120
Magery 120 (115 if you can't afford the 120 scroll)
Eval 100
Inscription 100 (for the 10% SDI + you can make money as a scribe)
100 Meditation

With this template you don't need any items for skill points which will make suit building a lot easier. You can use the spellwoven britches for the SDI along with the kasa of the ra jin, then use the stitchers mittens & pendant of the magi for half of your lrc needs. For a little extra freedom of use with this template, you could also use a couple of soulstones to swap the thief skills out and substitute them for Resist, Necro & SS for a seriously high damage caster char which would work great in the Doom Gauntlet. Another possile alternative to go with the necro set up is to stone inscription for spellweaving so you'd have WoD as well to add to the arsenal.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I am looking to make a character that can go anywhere, primarily to mark runes etc. I may want this character to be able to steal things.

Ok I suspect the core skills would be

Hiding and Stealth. I can see these being Hiding(100) Stealth(120) soonish, oh say this week.

I have stealing currently set at 50, presumably to 120?

Magery at 100?
Meditation at 100?
Focus at 100?
Chivalry 40?

The above is without Jewelry and I can bring some good plus's to stealth and magery.

I do not expect to fight or kill with this character but I need to be able to in a pinch. I think the quick mana recover and the magery will allow me to fight well enough to vacate a bad situation.

For stats I am very unclear what they should be.

To throw a stake into the ground I am targeting

str(105)
dex(25)
Int(125)

The above assumes the +25 power scrol (probably wont happen) and the +5 for 6 month old account(?).

Ok, any advice, opinion etc will be considered.
Shadow Dancer Leggings
Burgs Bandana
And Jewelry for stealing or magery.

You can build a great suit around this.

I forget how many points you free up but with the suit you can do what you want

I have a characture that was made for what you want to do

100 hiding (real)
100 stealth (forget how much is real)
110 stealing (a whole lot is from jewelry and stuff)

100 magery
100 eval
100 meditation

Mix of Necro and some archery for whatever.

The bottom line is I have lots of extra points and I use mage weapons for fighting.

This player was great from rubble collecting. Great for AOS dyes event. Great for finding stuff to steal.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 hide (guarenteed hide if you can break line of sight)
80 stealth (guarenteed stealth in any medable armor)
at least gm magery . (110 if you want to get vortexes off)
also you may want to consider at least 50 ninja so you can smoke out if you cant break line of sight.

get some good meditate if you plan on marking alot or plan to fight with magery.

spellweaving etherial voyage can get you thru some places where youll be passively revealed alot. or work up your honor ... faction monster ignore would work here too.

after that ? up to you ...

S

Satanatra

Stealth/bard is a fun char that can do anything and go anywhere safely.

Mine is:

120 music
120 peace
120 provoke
110 magery
80 med
100 stealth
80 Hiding

I use a barding talisman that is +5 music/provoke for the 730 points but tbh you dont need 120 peace since that is mainly used for area peace - direct peacing is good if u want something powerful to sit still for a while.

Hrm - u did want stealing though... so i would:

100 music
100 peace
115 magery (dont fail EVs so much)
100 med
100 stealth
80 hiding
120 stealing?

U need to use Staff of the Magi with this but it isnt so expensive.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to all that replied and I see some things I will investigate.

What part if any, does DEX play in this character template?