• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[REQUEST] Ballot Box Should Allow Multiple Choice

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

Dear Devs,

Could you possibly consider and brainstorm a way to make the ballot box multiple choice and allow for up to 20 choices? It would still allow you to have yes or no votes, but also allow Governors to poll their citizens when choices need to be more than just yay or nay --- like asking citizens what city buffs best suit them for example or what they thought of a recent event?

Just a thought!

Thank you,

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

Dear Devs,

Could you possibly consider and brainstorm a way to make the ballot box multiple choice and allow for up to 20 choices? It would still allow you to have yes or no votes, but also allow Governors to poll their citizens when choices need to be more than just yay or nay --- like asking citizens what city buffs best suit them for example or what they thought of a recent event?

Just a thought!

Thank you,
We'd have to make a new ballot box, the one that we use now is some pretty old code and trying to add to it would be more time consuming than making a new one.

Pcuvush

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
We'd have to make a new ballot box, the one that we use now is some pretty old code and trying to add to it would be more time consuming than making a new one.
In case you really reimplement the ballot box, please let the box stay until the one who placed it confirmed that he read the result. As it is right now I never know if someone voted after I checked the last time, possibly missing votes. Ballot boxes acepting votes should have a visual hint, compared to boxes that just wait to be discarded.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much Kyronix for answering me!!! Wow ... you guys do rock on that. :)

It would be nice to revisit that code a bit no? Do you guys think you will be able to do that?

Thanks again!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you so much Kyronix for answering me!!! Wow ... you guys do rock on that. :)

It would be nice to revisit that code a bit no? Do you guys think you will be able to do that?

Thanks again!
You're welcome :D

We've talked about having a more robust way to poll players. While I have no definitive timeline on if/when that might occur, redoing a player ballot box would fall into the scope of that task (the whole 2 bird things).