• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Reptutation building"

D

deadpoet4

Ok... for some of the smaller spots, I notice I get reputation points every time I kill something....

And as I understand it, the reputation points are important to get you better "stuff" from the vendors.

I'm at about 8000 in Darnassus -- what's the best way to raise it? Just questing and donating magecloth, etc?

And another question along those lines -- how do I know what quests go towards the reputations of certain major cities?

Thank you as always...

L

Lord Abernathy

You can do all the lowbie quests for Darn (or any other major faction) to raise your rep, just go to the starting zone and go from there. Otherwise, you can hand in various stacks of clothes (wool, magecloth, runecloth, etc) to Darn's NPC cloths-collector.

As to how to tell which NPC goes with which faction, there should be an indication of which faction the NPC is with by their names. Also, they're usually together and you can also tell by their race. An NPC night elf is usually associated with Darn, so any quest given by that NPC should net you some Darn rep. Likewise, if you see a dwarf NPC questgiver, that should give you Ironforge rep.

D

deadpoet4

Thank you very much.

Clear... concise ... helpful.

Can't ask for more than that

D

deadpoet4

Yeah... well, Lord over there got me about 1500 points towards my reptuation this afternoon/evening...

So, go him !!!!!

D

deadpoet4

Umm.. Ok... I made it to the next reputation level...

Now what do I do with it ?

I probably should have asked that before I spent the time raising my rep

Thanks !

B

Bo Riddler

There are several ways a rep comes into play for a character. One that I am experiencing is the lands of Zangarmarsh. There is a whole community that highlites Orange to me, in other words I am unfriendly towards them, so I cannot stay at the inn, I cannot buy from their vendors and can only do a certain amount of quests for them. Until my rep goes up. At the moment, I am unfriendly with them. More quests with them will give me the ability to use their services.

Another area where no-pvp related rep comes into play is East out of Feralas, it is a mid 40's to 50 level land. But the tunnel leading out of it into Winterspring is filled with Timbermaw monsters. Normally, they will attack you all the way through their passage, unless your rep is high enough to at least be neutral with them. If neutral, you can walk right through.

Also, as you now know, hihger rep gives you the chance to buy higher end gear from npc's.

Here is a link that explains more about rep, I hope it helps.

WoW Homepage on Rep

Bo

L

Lord Abernathy

Hehe, you're quite welcome.

If you get to exalted with any of the major factions, the only benefits are the 10% discount when you buy stuff from vendors (including using flights) and also if you wish to ride their mount. So say you're a human, and got exalted with Darn, then you can go buy a tiger as your mount.

Any faction that is not part of the major factions, there usually are rewards you can buy, various potions, enchantments, armors, various crafting recipes, and weapons. Some of the smaller faction even has their own mounts you can buy. For example, if you're in the Outlands and get to exalted with Kuranei, you can buy a stag mount.

G

So how does that 10% as exalted differ from the 10% you get when honored? Do you mean an additional 10%? If so, is that 10% off the current discount or 10% off the original price?

Mr. Cheapskate here.

L

Lord Abernathy

Nah, it's the same...it's 10% discount at honored, and that's it....being exalted with the major factions only other benefit is you can buy their mounts.

D

deadpoet4

Maybe I should have asked if there was a benefit before going after it

Well, I hit revered.... so, your advice was very helpful. Definitely appreciated as always.

Now I gotta freaking level up some more *sigh*.

At least I'm making some cash again

G

I dont know rest of the discounts but as Stormwind exalted, horse cost 9gp, same goes for one of those elephants even im not Exalted with Exodar. Maybe Exodar and Storwind are "connected".