• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Trinsic Plague 2 of 7! (Wednesday 20th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the size of this report - A lot happened in the hour and a half and I didn't want to leave anything out.

Nathan Hawke arrived at the West gate of Trinsic at 8 o'clock and gathered the crowd together. He briefed us on the situation:

"We need to defend Trinsic against this attack from these strange reapers.

I suggest we set up a healing station."

With that said, A healing station was setup at the Jail.

Nathan told us to keep the seeds people may find on the reapers safe. With the briefing over we headed over to the Dukes Office in the middle of the city - Reports of it being filled with Reapers earlier made it seem a good place to start.

At the Dukes office Nathan peaked through the keyhole of the door, he then pushed us back as he prepared to open the door.

Nathan pushed the door open ever so slightly and suddenly a ghostly reaper appeared - Bolts of lightning flashed across the crowd as the odd tree cast spell after spell.

After being resurrected in the Trinsic Park we were able to kill the reaper that had escaped.

Once it had been killed another appeared and teleported into the street.

Nathan alerted us to the alarm bell coming from the West Gate - We rushed over to find another Ghostly Reaper.

The dragons - Including Fardorim from Mistas took to eating away at the reapers.

"Back to the room" someone in the crowd shouted!

At the park just next to the Dukes office another Ghostly Reaper was discovered.

"THE TRAINING GROUNDS!" Nathan yelled after the Park Reaper had been defeated.

We rushed over to the Trinsic Training Grounds and found yet again, Another Ghostly Reaper.

After that Reaper had been killed bells rang again - This time at the South Gate.

I attempted to hit this reaper the best I could - The reaper blasted more lightning bolts into the crowd as it neared death.

Once it had died Nathan said the next Reaper was on the Barrier Isle Bridge.

After the Reaper on the Barrier Isle Bridge had been slayed Nathan yelled 'MARKET SQUARE' and we rushed past the Docks to the Market Square.

This time the lightning was too much for me to take and I died for the 5th time that evening.

Another Ghostly Reaper was stationed at the Healing post outside the Trinsic Jail. It was quickly brought down.

The final Reaper was in the middle of the Trinsic Park - Once it had been defeated Nathan yelled to gather at the West Gate for a debrief.

At the West Gate, Nathan told us that those who found seeds should keep them safe and not plant, eat, smoke or fiddle with in any way.

"We don't know what they do!" he yelled.

He mentioned that a strange black pearl remains above the Dukes office.

Duke Ivyrn: "I believe it may be a focal point for the curse."

Nathan said the pearl will remain for another day as tonight was over. He reminded people of the events tomorrow (Thursday 21st) - A meeting with Queen Dawn at 7:30pm and then a meeting with Nathan Hawke at 8pm.

After everyone left I took a look at the Poisoned Black Pearl above the Dukes Office.

I then decided to leave and rest up for tomorrow, It had been quite an evening.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the first wave of lightning was funny, everyone died!!!

any idea how many seeds were on the corpses?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know a couple people with 4-6 each themselves, So.. *thinks* I would guess maybe 30 -50 seeds were maybe given out?

A

Angel121

The Event was "fun" in the idea, I came running in late due to a RL commitment and then spent 40-45 minutes dying.

Unless you where a tamer you had no real chance. It was well thought out but it made a lot of people just pile up 10 corpse's.

I was peev'd by the 5th death myself and noticed a lot of people who where the heart of trinsic life like DoT where stood to the side ressing people but unable to take part, the more daring souls would run in and die.

It was not that inclusive event night although it was well implimented in it's idea and the story so far has been fun. Personally I think it would have been a bit better if rather than having the chain spamming of chain lightning from a tree with 100,000 hit points that there where groups of 6-7 paragon strength reapers with boosted HP's but the same spell level's. That way the people in non magical armor and weapons would have been more included rather than it being a tamer event.

But that's just my 2 cents.

Overall I will re-iterate that the idea and the story so far is great, the help from the EM's is great. I now understand why Nathan had to call in general chat for help :p

I'd like to add that Even after 10 death's I still tried to help and I stayed till the end. so even though the event Was not designed for my melee charactor I still stayed till the end and tried to melee even in the face of known death.

A

Angel121

Oh and The Black Cobra having been back only a few days already got his old job of chain ressing Angel just like the Yew swamp Invasion :p

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The chain lightning was.. interesting! I did like the event however I really dislike events where items are given out - It just brings out the greed in people. But, People collect items in this game so we have to feed those people too.

All in all, A good event, Only died 12 times so perhaps 6 days at the Ogre Lords is all it will take to get my Lord title back..

A

Angel121

heh,

I agree about the item's to a point, Last night had a tongue in cheek reaction at the end where someone started asking how much they'd sell for :p

If it's a more permanent change or spawn I prefer to have new items drop, but that's more inclusive as anyone could drop by the spawn and get the items :) If the initial event had unique colour's to the permanent spawn that takes place afterwards then the collector's would be happy.

U

UOFree

Lets be honest majority of the players in UO do things for items / rewards.

Doing Peerless or champs most do it to get the items.
The game has become an Item based game so why not give the players what they want.
Lets say no items will be given out at events so you might end up having 10-15 diehard Event players attending instead of having 30-50 people where most of them only attend for a chance of getting a reward.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets be honest majority of the players in UO do things for items / rewards.

Doing Peerless or champs most do it to get the items.
The game has become an Item based game so why not give the players what they want.
Lets say no items will be given out at events so you might end up having 10-15 diehard Event players attending instead of having 30-50 people where most of them only attend for a chance of getting a reward.
Personaly I'd rather the 10-15 player events, I enjoy the storylines and working out puzzles rather than getting a reward. If I want a reward I'll go grind away at a peerless in my own time.

A

Angel121

A good point there UOFree,

Myself I think as follows.

EM Events shouldn't be about What drops it should be the story involved. The occasional one's would not be bad but I would hate to see this happen too often. Also if they add something it should not include stats if possible. But also Make sure All Classses have a "Chance" to get them. If there does need to be a drop of a weapon or armour, it's best to not make it unique but copy existing weapon stats so it's not OP'd or Useless.

That said server wide events are a bit different, Like the Yew Invasion, Orc invasion and Juka invasion. These added new items and creature's in game for a medium amount of time all over the tram server. They then changed the fixed spawn to include these new type's and items. That I think should have some collectables. when they attack a main city that then re-hues when it is part of the natural spawn.

The only exception to the rule I think would be seasonal events since they will be back year after year and adding new stuff there is always fun and EM's help with running about spreading the wealth.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I realised pretty quickly a macer really wasn't going to be much help killing those trees (I hit one four or five times with Consecrated Weapon and Enemy of One running and there was no visible red on it's health bar!), so dropped back to help join the healing and res teams.

Hindsight tells us we were never meant to be at the room where the crowd of reapers first appeared, our real job was to kill the damn things once they began popping up in other areas of the city - which was quite hectic, but worked out quite well and we coped, a bit scrappily, with them all.

Things that were important though - the event channel was essential to get people to the next spawning reaper, we need to make sure everyone knows to join it in future. So much running around meant setting up clear res stations was not possible, what we did 'on the fly' worked OK, but had a few problems at times (note to people - if you need a res, please move out of the area of damage like chain lightning, or your healer will get interrupted by the damage they take and you will likely die as soon as you res, since you'll probably have no equipment and lousy resistances).

As for the 'items' discussion... some people attend for 'stuff', not necessarily because of it's sale value but out of a wish to collect and keep rare items and memorabilia, and all those approaches are every bit as valid as any other - it's a game, the ONLY important points are to have fun, respect the other players, and abide by the rules.

The current level of item handouts seems about right to me, not something every time, so there are plenty of chances for purely story-driven events, with occasional items there as a sweetener for those who are after them. Since EMs can are making items with nothing but rarity, and no direct effect on gameplay, I've no objections at all.

As for 'all classes' getting a chance - I'd agree with all classes getting a chance at something, but not necessarily at every event or every time. Some classes remain poorly served, support classes and non-combat classes,(including healing types, crafters, to some extent bards, thieves, and a few other templates), still have pretty much no chance of getting a material reward. It's a tricky one to resolve but I hope to see some options for them in the future.

And the best part of the evening, for me - at least one person I know of got multiple seeds, and shared them out with other folks there, not for profit, just because they though it was a decent thing to do. :)

K

Kiminality

Well, I wasn't going to say anything in here, but since Y'all have gone off on a big discussion on the subject...

Firstly, I'm going to go ahead and say a big thanks to Emile and Sarakan. The early roots of this event come from the EMs just getting involved with the RP plots that were going on, and running with them.
What was originally going to be a small guild trip to Destard quickly grew into this.

Although, on the event last night...
As has been said, those not using high-end equipment (the RPers, generally) were sidelined, and left to sit and support, in an event that was established through RP, and in an area primarily used for RP.
I still got some good RP out of the night, and didn't lose any insurance (someone transferred stuff off another character and forgot to reinsure >.<), but the event itself was a bit of a disappointment from an OOC RP sense.

A

Angel121

Well, I wasn't going to say anything in here, but since Y'all have gone off on a big discussion on the subject...

Firstly, I'm going to go ahead and say a big thanks to Emile and Sarakan. The early roots of this event come from the EMs just getting involved with the RP plots that were going on, and running with them.
What was originally going to be a small guild trip to Destard quickly grew into this.

Although, on the event last night...
As has been said, those not using high-end equipment (the RPers, generally) were sidelined, and left to sit and support, in an event that was established through RP, and in an area primarily used for RP.
I still got some good RP out of the night, and didn't lose any insurance (someone transferred stuff off another character and forgot to reinsure >.<), but the event itself was a bit of a disappointment from an OOC RP sense.
Taking it back on topic here, I agree with the sentiments as I posted before,
The Story and the help from the EM's has been wonderful so far! I loved taking part in it. Our EM's are lovely and event's I've been to since I got back has been wonderful. You get a real feel of action and reaction. Even the "Let's have a chat" meetings are fun because it's very inclusive.

I have to say the work they must do to make our game fun must be exhausting but I cannot fault them on their enthusiasm and commitment.

This was just the first event I've been to where people just had to be sidelined because even the skills they have developed in healing etc could not keep them alive. Even people in full 70's suits like myself got a real good kicking.

I still attended and still stayed till the end because I couldn't just go "no loots for me, I'm off." I love the story and the people involved and they deserve no less from me that 100%. Hence I died so often :p