• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Report: Snox the Goblin Arrested! (19th January)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The day began at King Blackthorns's Throne Room with Snox wanting us to help him go home, with a ship full of fished up property from the Sea there was quite a bit to shift!

He spoke to Blackthorn who had convinced him to deliver a letter to his Goblin homeland - The King wanted peace between humans and goblins. In return for delivering the letter Blackthorn would trade him many mirrors he has been collecting - Snox was suspicious of these!

Snox Gated us to an island North of his ships position but on arrival a chip of Chaos guards ambushed us!

After a short battle the Chaos Guards were down and Snox stole their ship to get us to his, although a few of us missed the plank completely!

Upon arriving at the position where Snox' ship should have been, nothing!

Snox reluctantly took us to his homeland without his stuff, on arrival an angry Goblin named Berkz yelled that we were not allowed in the Underworld.

The lead goblin ripped up the letter Blackthorn asked Snox to deliver and called backup in the form of further goblins! A fierce battle began.

After Berkz had been killed Snox asked to follow him to speak to the real goblin boss.

The real goblin boss Sniffla was furious at Snox for killing his fellow kind and was thrown in a cell immediately, despite Snox yelling about Blackthorn's letter he was ignored.

Snox remains in the cell and the event ended,

Thanks Gotan!

Last edited:

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Thank you all for attending and being polite; I'm sorry the boat section failed, I was aware of not going near the server lines but hadn't expected the server load to be such an issue. We couldn't move at first as some of you fell through the boat and blocked us off! And people were getting trapped in gates, and later on, even trying to cross servers... as was I! I hope I managed to stay on top of the mass player chaos, but future events will be designed with that in mind...

And don't forget to drop me a line here, or at my email address, as to where you think the plot is going! Or just to apologise to Snox for getting him locked up from your rampant Goblin slaughter ;)

The Trinsic Beacon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*a copy of a report from Trinsic is delivered to Skaros*

Tonight was a bloody mess. I am not sure if it is good idea to send an ambassador to a bunch of goblins living in an underground ruin. Maybe someone had complained about Snox sleeping in Luna bank and the King is trying to send him away.

The idea was to pick up Snox at Blackthorn’s castle, help him get his ship and his things and then bring him into the Underworld, where his tribe seems to make a living preying on adventurers and spiders. We met Snox as planned, but then it all went wrong. When we reached the location where Snox had tied up his ship we found it gone. Apparently a group of fighters had taken it. As usual the efficiency of the Royal Guard made sure that none of them survived long enough for questioning, so all we know is that they wore chaos insignia and rode lizard mounts like the forces in Ilshenar. It would have been better to capture some to learn more about their origin and motives.

Failing that we found a gate leading us to the outskirts of Fire Isle and proceeded towards the entrance to the Underworld. To our surprise we found it blocked with makeshift wooden barricades and an apparently important goblin, who denied us entrance. Snox tried to convince him to let us pass, but to no avail. The king’s document was no more convincing, probably because not even the goblins themselves understand why it should be necessary to have an ambassador. I stood further back from the crowd and thus missed some of what was said, but soon enough only the weapons were speaking and the Royal Guard proceeded to slaughter every goblin daft enough to try and block the way into the deeps. Nothing beats a decent slaughter, especially as a grand opening to diplomatic relations.

In the end the resistance faltered and we entered the caves. As was to be expected the goblins were thrilled about the prospect of having diplomacy with a bunch of folks that slew half their tribe. Faced with an army however their big wozza (or whatever his name or title) did something remarkably clever, which was to imprison Snox and wait for everybody else to go away. If I were to venture a guess I would assume that this is the preliminary end of Blackthorn’s diplomacy.

In the end we learned next to nothing and achieved even less. A few folks were excitedly cradling small ship models which they had looted from some of the many corpses of the night. This indicates that Snox’ ship was not taken by pirates, but rather that it had been specifically sought out by the culprits. But as to what is going on in Nujel’m we found out nothing, nor where the supposed fleet is being built or where the ticking chest came from. In a rather desperate attempt a learning more I made another tour around Nujel’m, but discovered no sign of a fleet being built nor anything else, save another ticking chest that I had not previously seen. However, it remains obvious that Nujel’m will require outside help to even build one ship. On the entire island there is barely a tree to be found and none of them suited for ship-building.

*at this point the report seems to end rather abruptly. Maybe something is missing? But at the end of the page is scrawled the name of the author*

Iljian