• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Skara Brae Surprise Attack (Sunday 4th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A crowd had gathered in the rather dusty and brick filled Throne Room of Castle Britannia, In the corner of the room a large hole was visible from behind a curtain.

At 8pm Queen Dawn arrived and thanked us for coming, She began to explain the reasoning for the mess.

Queen Dawn: "A few days ago Sherry came to visit me, Sherry had stumbled upon a strange crystal somewhere in her tunnels."
A member of the audience asked what kind of crystal it was, Queen Dawn didn't know. Dawn then continued.

Queen Dawn: "Since we haven't actually seen it yet (The crystal). It is still inside the hole. You see the crystal was too large for Sherry to carry it out.

Kevin Longshot: "So you blew the floor up?"

Queen Dawn: "In short, ye
s."

Rumours whispered throughout the crowd about Ricardo and the secret vault of Lord British.

Queen Dawn: "I think some of you may have heard of this as well. It seems a secret password was needed to enter the door. But, my advisor's found out that the password wasn't the only thing needed to enter the secret door. 3 Items are required to enter this secret door, Lord British' Cloak, his scepter and his crown. None of these we posses.. So it seemed more practical to just blow a hole in the floor."
Queen Dawn then called forward a man called William, The person responsible for the hole in the floor. He placed communication crystals on the floor of the Throne Room and began to lower himself into the hole.

Down in the hole he found a mass of mouse droppings.. and, most importantly, The mysterious crystal! Queen Dawn thanked him and told him to take it to the Royal Tinker so a case can be crafted for it, The crystal could then be examined.

Once William left, suddenly the Queens messaging bird flew into the room. She removed the message from the birds leg and read the message aloud.

Queen Dawn: "Skara Brae is under attack! Serpents and Alligators are attacking the town."

She requested we suit up and leave immediately!

At Skara Brae the entire town was covered in flapping green daemon type monsters called 'Putrefiers'.

Over on the south side of the Island giant blackrock infected Spiders appeared.

Over the city blackrock infected Spiders, Serpents and Alligators appeared alongside Red Deaths, Putrefiers and more undead big baddies.

The battle continued over the Skara Brae Ferry and onto the main land.

Finally the battle ended, Near by in the middle of the road was a red statue.

Double clicking the statue gives you a red staff that shoots off a random amount of fire works, It automaticly recharges over time and you can get one per character.

Want one? I'm sure you do! If you didn't get one in the battle I have included a map.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Screenshots made with the classic client looked SOOOOOOOO much better. All i see now are some colored blobs.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Screenshots made with the classic client looked SOOOOOOOO much better. All i see now are some colored blobs.
I do try and take screenshots in 2d, The trouble is, With a very good PC when I use the 2d client my CPU is at 99%. EC? It's at about 55%.

EC plays a lot smoother than 2d on this new PC oddly enough, But then on the opposite end, I have a crappy PC and it plays 2d better than this one. :D

Sorry I cannot please you all, I do try! :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
missed the event due to work..nightshift again...the red statue is still there but it cannot be used...is there a way of getting a 4th july wand...if not then please remove the statue as it as no use?? shame peeps cant use it that missed the event due to real life yet again...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Failing that i guess i would part with a hard earned millo gold for a small piece of europa.... for my keepsake trinket boxes, certainly no more as im guessing everyone collected 7 per account if they happened to be lucky and online on the 4th of july evening only!!!!!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those staffs shoot off the same amount of fireworks each time. Its just different for different staffs.

I have 2 that both shoot off 29 fireworks each everytime and 1 that shoots off 13 fireworks everytime.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Failing that i guess i would part with a hard earned millo gold for a small piece of europa.... for my keepsake trinket boxes, certainly no more as im guessing everyone collected 7 per account if they happened to be lucky and online on the 4th of july evening only!!!!!

Missed the event but got in this morning before the statues were turned off. Got a staff you can have as well, gimme a shout in game.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks that would be most apprecaited....no idea why they want to turn the statue off so quick though??? why not keep it on a week so everyone can go see?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got five staffs, and they shoot off 49, 29, 13, 5 and 5 again charges per shot... so it seems there's a fair amount of variety in them...

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are the only 4 different types known, so you got a full set there Adol by the looks :D