• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Europa Traders Market

U

UOFree

First of I would like to say thanks to all players and traders who supported the market in one way or another. Thanks :)

The whole week there has been dropped items and poker cards at Brit bank, wich also made brit more alive. Even sunday when he did not drop anything brit had a number of players around.

Soft Orpening:

There was a soft opening Thursday evening wich really showed what traders there could expect from the market, a lot of items sold in just a few minutes after being stocked. Was great that even without having gates people actually came around and took a look and bought a lot of items.

Friday:

Everything was looking great, we started the Market at 17:00 GMT (Woohoo wrong time to start a market only 2 people showed up)
Later on the evening there was a Harbringer event just outside the Market plot, and there was a few people who showed up with their Greater dragons and found out it wasnt all that easy but 3 harbringers got spawned one after another and seems to have been great fun. (No Pictures sorry was not there)
After that there was another round of dropping in Brit and was a lot of people there chasing around the bank great fun.

Saturday:

At the evening there was a lot of dropping in brit since it was the last day of dropping poker cards and items. A total of 49 Poker Cards got dropped that evening. After that there was a lot of chaos claiming prizes because there was actually a lot of people who had gotten some nice hands and wanted to claim. Took 45min to get that settled and yes Poker Hands can still be claimed.

Some of the traders was already running out of stock to put on vendors so ideas on how to make the vendors look more full was used (Hello Escaflowne)

Sunday:

Last day of the Market people starting reducing prices, and we had an Auction planned for the evening. Also an IDOC next to the plot wich Mapper already posted some pics off.
That was some IDOC.. 3 harbingers were inside it!

All was during the time the auction should have been held so it was postponed, next time we try and calculate for if these things happens we make sure not to promote both.
People seemed more interested in the IDOC even when they where told when it would drop they still camped it for 2 hours. (Sadly it didnt look to have any good loot)

But after the IDOC finally we could hold the Auction and it went well even tho some items was not sold because of high starting price it was nice auction.

End of the market people starting unstocking the vendors and started to find out how much profit they made along the weekend, wich will be updated in the post here aswell.

------------------------------------

We think this market was a huge success, there was some things we need to work on but we will review this market and see what we can do better and also take any suggestions.
Some people where complaining about the dropping in brit, they could not get any cards because of lag and such so we will try and work on something different

Economy:

The Traders Fee of 5m + 35,000,000gp
Prizes and giveaways - 93,742,000gp
Free's Vendor Profit + 90,000,000gp
Donations + 21,000,000gp
Black Europa Trader Profit + 159,000,000gp
White Europa Trader Profit + 36,000,000gp

Traders:

Raistlin + 62,230,000gp

Escaflowne + 43,150,000gp

Despise Supplies + 58,000,000gp

Topplotter + 30,000,000gp

*Remember this is profit and not what they sold total over the weekend.
** This is not just profit on the items from shopping list its total profit

Highest priced item at the Market that sold was Phoenix Armor sold for 300m by Best Armor Craft

6,085m from Auction Profit for each of the traders who paid 5m, so they never lost any gold.

After all this I cant wait for next month and the next market. 15-17/1-2010
Hope to see you all there aswell, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was a great weekend :) Thank you for hosting it, really appreciate it. Can't wait till next month.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raistlin? the old LB member?? Could this be another of the 'old guard' returning?

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice event UOFree, I loved it, I wish I had been more involved in it, but I got some RL stuff going on lately, anyway I saw really hard job there and lots of people having fun.
It is good to see Brit bank filled for once, it's great to see new events like this, or peerles hunt and many others support britain bank use again, for some reason people get back to Luna once the events are finished, but oh well, at least you guys are trying.
I hope everyone involved in the event made some gold, I made 140M+ myself but It was old stuff I had(didn't invest any gold, so I can't talk about profits here).
Hopefully more people come up with events like this in Europa, I will be glad to help the cause with a vendor anytime.
Keep the good job, I am looking forward to next events.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yes awesome market Free....lovely prophit from the weekend at around the 30m mark....great for all traders...bought a couple of real nice items too at a very very good price indeed!!!

Great poker event too....great idea and great free prizes

The idoc wa a bonus for those that have never seen one too!!! great taster to get into idoc hunting!! the most obvoius and easuest way to make uo gold...why?? because?? hehehhe.... everything is free and thus 100% prophit!!!!!!

5m buy in was good for all this as we got this back from the open auction plus we had first dibs at the market items at a reduced rate

I for one are definate for the January auction....

BRING IT ON........Europa for the kill......