• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Destroying the Orc Incubator Machine! (Thursday 11th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Fynn Barrett arrived at the Counselor's Hall to wait with us for Nathan.

By five past eight Fynn said we should just continue without him.

Fynn Barrett: "We have urgent business!

To find out information and try destroy the machine, The machine that grew the Orcs."

Fynn asked if we knew anything else that may help to find the location of the incubator.

A few people brought up Mericles and how he made the machine.

Fynn Barrett: "I was going to suggest having a look at Mericles' old home."

Fynn then opened a gate to Britain Moongate.

At the moongate we were ordered to head to Compassion, In Ilshenar.

We headed south east from the moongate towards Mericles' old home, The undead citadel.

At the citadel we searched the building for any clues that may lead us to the Orc growing machine, The Incubator.

On the bottom floor in a bookcase a folded map was found, It looked like the following:

"*You see a map of Ilshenar. A location is marked at the west side of the mountains west of the Citadel*

To enter the cave say her name."

We left the Citadel and gathered at the end of the bridge, Silas had possibly found the cave and called us over to take a look.

At the boulder saying 'Hannah' gained you access to a wide open cave.

Inside the cave was a gate and a stack of crates, Inside one of the crates a key allowed you access through the gate and further into the cave.

Inside the second section of the cave were Orc Hatchlings, We began to try kill these powerful baby Orcs.

After the hatchlings had been killed we walked east to another gate. An orc named Bulbog was waiting at the gate, He requested peace.

I decided to go ahead through the next gate and walked a distance through the cave, Suddenly, Ahead a huge machine towers inside the cave.

Inside the machine were four seed pods incubating.

Traveler had found some gunpowder from a previous part of the cave and handed it out among people, The plan seemed clear now, destroy the incubator with the gunpowder.

Fynn Barrett then arrived and had a look around the Incubator machine.

Fynn Barrett: "We will blow this thing to bits!" he yelled as he chucked gunpowder around each seed pod.

Fynn connected up the fuses and requested everyone to stand back...

He lit the fuse and after a second, The Incubator machine exploded, Spewing parts everywhere!

Everyone gathered where the machine once stood and Fynn thanked us for coming and completing the mission.

10 Blueprints were dropped, Along with 4 Seed Pods.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohh - i had completely missed the middle part with slaying the Orc-Breed - must have been while i was running back and forth and in and out of the cave.

Nice report again - thanks a lot Mapper *bows*

F

feath

of course i missed this one :( I had planned to follow the whole thread.

A

Angel121

I'm having to keep up with events on the forum...

There are some players at the events recently that are paying no attention to the storyline our EM's are creating and are only after the elusive EM drops.

Examples recently have been shown when there was a non combat night and 1/2 the people left. No fighting means to them no drops. It's a sad sad world.

I'd be happier if there where no drops like the 2 month's before. It felt like Ultima online and not Pixel online.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, Mapper seems to have taken almost the exact same screen shots that I did ;) Although I got the "We Have Urgent Business" line instead... After finding my way to the Ancient Citadel thanks to those in Event chat who kept us updated, I set up healing points at the entrance, but didn't get a screenshot because as soon as I started building a cross-marker out of cloth, a Paragon Rotting Corpse spawned on it! I ran away to get room for my pets, but he went into the building after you lot!

I did my only resurrection of the night there, but I'm afraid I can't remember who... there was much more cohesion this time though, and our foes died so quickly those services were not required. I spent most of the time then returning the favour and directing people via Event chat to the current locations too. I also would like to thank those who came back to help protect the hospitals, maybe next time we'll have more need of your virtuous services ;)

As you can see, we then moved back over the Western bridge... For a while, the search seemed to go towards the cliffs to the west as well, so I took time to set up another healing point;

All that happened was some minor skeletal skirmishing, whilst someone located the boulder to the north. However I went back across the bridge when someone else called out they'd been killed, looted and trapped. The brave lady Acantha, who had been helping the unfortunate unselfishly all evening went back to get him, but I ran into the Paragon Skeletal Knight that was now menacing them instead; so I drew it off, ate it with my pets, and then saw the last few stragglers flee the citadel...

This left us behind the main orc fight that occurred, so I didn't see that. After finally finding the key to cross the first barred gates, I set up another heal point there, without realising there was a second gate above me, and no spawn, so it was pointless ;) However I did manage to see people struggling to get through in Event Chat, so I went and stood so I was visible near the crate with the key, so they could locate it.

I then met that curiously chatty chap called Bulbog!! and his mysterious chest... or WAS it? I promptly got stuck checking all the crates and chests to his south, because this is what I saw;

Notice the curiously un-chest like item behind him! Also it was good to see the ever helpful Bunnie again, especially after the mangling the acid/poison corridors gave us last time; truly a Sheri for our times!

After crossing the lich-protected door, I didn't see much of the event; there was some rummaging about in the machine apparently, and as you can see from the final screen shot, much concern we were about to get swamped by nasties. I decided it might be an idea to try and heal much closer to the action... but the action never came!

There was some talk afterwards of those who still had gunpowder meeting up in 40 hours for a synchronised exploding session (as apparently it was on such a timer) and then what is now the sad sight of the people trying to identify who got what and how to buy it off them to resell later... If only all such items were self-destructive! I would rather leave my mark on the landscape, and on the shared history of these lands that all can see and later build on for themselves...

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice repot Adol, Always nice to see another persons view on an event. Lets hope the EMs make us die more often for your sake! :D

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if this is new - but the Orc Caves are now overrun by mechanical creatures of all sorts: Blackthorn juggernauts, betrayers, Exodus overseers and minions ...

The orc gardener in the cell is quite worried about this.