• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Attack on Skara Brae (Tuesday 29th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nathan arrived at the Counselor's Hall at 7:30 and first told us to join the 'Event' channel in the brand new Chat system.

Nathan went on to say he heard a report on an impending attack somewhere in Trammel. He thought It would be somewhere where food is grown - to try remove the food we eat!

We were needed to find the location of the Orc War Party and gather to repel it. Nathan mentioned there would be a new commander with these new breed of orcs.

We decided to split up and head to anywhere with farms, Britain, Skara Brae, Yew and a few other towns were suggested.

I searched Britain farms and found no sign of orcs, When suddenly in chat we were told Skara Brae was infested with orcs!

Once I arrived Orcs, Juka and Dragons were battling, More and more people arrived as they heard the information over the new chat system.

Around 10 minutes into the battle a golden Orc Brute called 'An Orc Commander' appeared.

Once the commander was dead a note was found, It said:

Considering where a ruined castle could be and Juka... Nathan suggested Blackthorns Castle at the Compassion Shrine in Ilshenar.

Once we arrived we battled at Blackthorns castle at Compassion until the front of the castle was cleared, Nathan then called us to retreat through the cave to gather everyone together.

At the cave Stewan had found a journal, along with another journal that was found in the castle.

Journal 1:

"Out of all the battles I have ever been in, today's was without a doubt the strangest yet.

It was still early in the morning when the towerguard reported a huge army headed our way. our commanders emmediately started barking their orders and we rushed to get ready. Preparing for what looked like the inevitable defeat. Their numbers were truely overwhelming.

I was positioned on the roof;staring down the road that would soon become a battlefield. My bow at the ready. When the army came closer I was shocked to see Jukan fighters amongst the Orcs and Dragons! We hurled insults and curses at the traitors! And the promise our arrows would soon follow.

The army halted just out of firing-range and surrounded the castle.

An earie silence fell throughout the Castle. The warriors stopped banging their shields and the commanders held their orders. Everybody was frozen in time, not knowing what was to come or what to do.

A small group of Orcs without battle-gear approached. They were obviously very important cause everybody in the army emmediately made way for them. They were carrying a couple of boxes and were awefully busy with whatever was inside them.

After a little while, when the Orcs were done with their boxes, their commanders blew their horns to signal the attack. The army started to advance when suddenly a series of explosions went off. It came from the direction where the Orcs had put the boxes.

When I looked again the whole army was in turmoil. Dragons, Juka and Orcs were all fighting each other! In just a blink of an eye the bodies of the fallen were everywhere. Fortunately, noen of them were ours!

Moments later the horns sounded retreat. Slowly the Orcs, Dragons and traitor Jukay retreated, while still fighting amongst each other...

I have no explanation for what happened. I have seen many battles but this was the first where the enemy defeated itself! Strange days indeed..."

I didn't get a copy of journal 2, Hopefully someone will add it onto the post.

Nathan then said our mission was complete, He would gather us again to talk about these journals.

A

Angel121

*Scribbles a Note*

I Rode back in after the big fight in Blackthorn's ruined keep and found outside Scorched peices of metal and Shattered crystal fragments, Unfortunatly the juka where still milling around and I was unable to take a sample.

*Signed*

Athenas Morte and Seirei Hotake

E

Evlar

Shame I missed this, what with the problems one of my characters was suffering...

...but hopefully my character Anvilar will be along for the next one. He has a thing about orcs you see. It usually results in violence and lot's of Orcish bodies around him.

I

Irvyn

Excellent report, thank you. I have a copy of the other journal, but I'm not sure that it's relevant, I think it's an old one. Here it is anyway for those who want it:

Kabur's Journal

The campaign to slaughter the Meer goes well. Although they seem to oppose the forces of ours at every turn, we still defeat them in combat. Spies of the Meer have been found and slain outside this fortress of ours. The fools underestimate us. We have the power of Lord Exodus behind us. Soon they will learn to serve the Juka and I shall carry the head of the wench, Dasha, on a spike for all the warriors of ours to share triumph under.

One of the warriors of the Juka died today. During the training exercises of ours he spoke out in favor of the warriors of the Meer, saying that they were indeed powerful and would provide a challenge to the Juka. A Juka in fear is no Juka. I gave him the death of a coward, outside of battle.

More spies of the Meer have been found around this fortress of ours. Many have been seen and escaped the wrath of the warriors of ours. Those who have been captured and tortured have revealed nothing to us, even when subjected to the spells of the females. I know the Meer must have plans against us if they send so many spies. I may send the troops of the Juka to invade the camps of theirs as a warning.

I have met Dasha in battle this day. The efforts of hers to draw me into a Black Duel were foolish. Had we not been interrupted in the care I would have ended the life of hers but I will have to wait for another battle. Lord Exodus has ordered more patrols around the fortress of ours. If Dasha is any indication, the Meer will strike soon.

More Meer stand outside of the fortress of ours than I have ever seen at once. They must seek vengeance for the destruction of their forest. Many Juka stand ready at the base of the mountain to face the forces of theirs but today may be the final battle. Exodus has summoned me, I must prepare.

Dusk has passed and the Juka now live in a new age, a later time. I have just returned from exploring the new world that surrounds the fortress of the Juka. During the attack of the Meer the madman Adranath tried to destroy the fortress of ours with great magic. At once he was still and light surrounded the fortress. Everything faded from view. When I regained the senses of mine I saw no sign of the Meer but Dasha. She has not been found since this new being, Blackthorn, blasted her from the top of the fortress.

The forest was gone, now replaced by grasslands. In the far distance I could see humans that had covered the bodies of theirs in marks. Even Gargoyles populate this place. Exodus has explained to me that the Juka and the fortress of ours have been pulled forward in time. The world we knew is now thousands of years in the past. Lord Exodus says he has saved the Juka from extinction. I do not want to believe him. I asked this stranger about the Meer but he tells me a new enemy remains to be destroyed. It seems the enemies of ours have passed away to dust like the forest.

I have spoken with other Juka and I suspect I have been told the truth. All the Juka had powerful dreams. In the dreams of ours the Meer invaded the fortress of ours and a great battle took place. All the Juka and the Meer perished and the fortress was destroyed from Adranath's spells. I would not like to believe that the Meer could ever destroy us, but now it seems we have seen a vision of the fate of ours now lost in time. I must now wonder if the Meer did not die in the battle with the Juka, how did they die? And more importantly, where is Dasha?

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a suspicion its old as well and despit many cups of coffee I have not kicked started the part of my brain with that memory. But as a search have revealed it here on stratics I can presume we are all correct in it not being of this arc.

I must admit I still like coming across old event items as they define the history of each shard. Its just a shame we could not identify the new ones easier, perhaps by having the date they were made on the last page from now on rather that moving the old ones.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or the EM could use the new green books (the craftable ones) perhaps to try identify newer books.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this page on stratics might be a good page to bookmark on checking if something is old and it does confirm that Kabur's journal is indeed old.

Nice idea on books Mapper and I'm sure if they wanted to they could change there colour too if they did not wish them to stand out