• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Renewed but there has to be an easier way!

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got my accounts on auto renew but recently got a new credit card (same number, new expiry date). I'm a long time player so I've had this happen before. Today my account officially closed itself. I went to renew, selected the option to "reactivate my account" (there was no renewal option). When I selected this option it gave me two choices - the credit card number that was stored or pick a new one. If I select the saved credit card it will not let me continue to the next step (no error or explanation, the continue button is simply greyed out). If I choose a new credit card it won't let me because it says the card is already in use by another user.

So I decide to buy a game time card (somehow it says my password isn't good - fine I reset it back to what it was). I buy a game card, get to the checkout and it also remembers my old card number. But now I can actually update the credit card information. I do so, decide to go back to account management and try to reactive my subscription. Suddenly everything is fine!

Did I miss something or is this really the only way to update your credit card on a closed account?

PS I should point out that I intentionally let my account close as for the longest time the subscription information area has been blank (only for this account). Last time this happened I panicked and renewed my subscription. The end result is I got double billed - so I didn't want to do this again.

Last edited: