• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remove Traps

• Thread starter Ledgendary Toker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Ledgendary Toker

I'm trying to work up a trap remover but not having any luck really. I have tryed the vesper bank gig and after 3 or 4 days no gains not even 1 gain. So I moved to yew crypts still same thing. So I tryed the 100 traped boxes sat at luna and still same thing. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? I would buy advanced charcter if they offered it with remove trap but they dont and I'm pulling my hair out and ready to just say to "H" with it and try one of those 3rd party progs. But after almost 9 years (2 months 2 go ) I have never had to resort to cheating and dammit I'd hate to have to just to build this skill. So from 1 honest player to another please help me before the darkside pulls me in.I'm at 76.2 skill now and all done by hand over around a 3 year time.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same problem awhile back. Put on a pair of bone or studded gloves and hit vesper again

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. Disregard my previous post. I just spent 3 hours useing platemail gloves(not mage) and didn't gain a single point. Im at 76.5, Last i read the heavy the gloves the harder it is to disarm a trap. I should have died multiple times using plate gloves in those 3 hours. I succeeded every attempt with no deaths. So atm I'm at a loss to how to raise this. Aside from the gsg which means we could get gm by what? 2009?

C

Calvin

Try harder chests. Get a GM tinker to trap some, etc. If it's a level 1 chest, you won't gain, no matter how many times you disarm it. The fact that you are never failing means you are probably using too low of a chest.

G

If your on Cats I could make you some GM Tinker trapped boxes. Which shard are you on? I may also have a tinker on ATL but I would have to check.