• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remove item property?

K

Kelleron

Does anyone know what to use to remove an item property? I can't remember and I've tried search for it without any luck.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Originally in the very early phases of imbuing (if I remember correctly) you were going to be able to completely remove mods from items, but honestly, that would have been too powerful.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It is possible to swap certain properties. I am not 100% sure about the following, but I think there are two options:

• If your weapon has a slayer property, then you can imbue a new slayer property. The former slayer type will vanish.
  • IIRC Hit (Area) Damage types are mutually exclusive, too. So if you imbue Hit Harm, then your former Hit Lightning will vanish. Same is true for Area Damage: Hit Fire Are Damage will delete your previous Hit Poison Area Damage.
Note: formerly I was believing there is a maximum of 20 imbues on items. With the help of Basara, I stand corrected.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can swap some skills to, if they're in the same group.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, you can do more 20 imbues, it's only the chance to gain skill that diminishes after 20 successes.

And note, for the neophyte imbuer, that Self Repair goes away on imbuing, so if something has 5 properties (one of which is self repair), you effectively replace the self repair with the new property.