• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remove guards, and NPC's

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't it about time to get rid of guards zone in faction towns again?

Guard zones hurt faction players. The people that don't want it removed are mainly blues that hide in GZ, and jump on red faction members durring a faction fight.

The NPC's that need to be removed are the ones inside TB base. It's a little silly to be pushing into the TB base against a grinder...then have a NPC hit your poison or para fields, and than die to those NPC's.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There will be plenty who come in here and say we are crazy for wanting this but I agree with the OP, something needs to be done. TB base is the only base with NPCs, it definitely makes it...interesting.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a faction red (most of the time) yes to removing npc's, if TB base were to stay there (I'd much rather just see the base moved outside of town, it's silly that the others are all remote now but TB is smack in the middle of brit, I'd also like the castle to actually be usable by non-faction players)

No to removing guard zones

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
years ago when we where discussing TB base i said they should blow up the bridge that goes into brit from TB and seal it off.
then blast open the back side of the base and make a bridge there (like they did in despise)
that would fix the guard zone issue.

but they went and made those new bases.... and we all know how well that went.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all of this and then some ...

magic reflect on a red in gz then a blue attacks the red only to see the red get guard whacked ... how silly is this ? seriously ...

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't it about time to get rid of guards zone in faction towns again?

Guard zones hurt faction players. The people that don't want it removed are mainly blues that hide in GZ, and jump on red faction members durring a faction fight.

The NPC's that need to be removed are the ones inside TB base. It's a little silly to be pushing into the TB base against a grinder...then have a NPC hit your poison or para fields, and than die to those NPC's.
AMEN brother! AMEN. Don't really care about npc's but guard zone is ridiculous. Its FEL for god sake, no trammy should be allowed there without being willing to fight. My Home is chessy and I have never ran a red at the gate on that shard. Too many blues that hide in guards and call themselves pvp'ers, and then get u statted for your efforts. I'd like to take it a step further and say ban pets from killing other players. It is called player vs player, not player vs player and his pet :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'd like to take it a step further and say ban pets from killing other players. It is called player vs player, not player vs player and his pet
thats the most ******** thing i have ever read on this forum.
its a player template just like every other one.
if you cant kill a pvp tamer then your doing something wrong.
hating on tamers is just a crutch, adapt and overcome.

that being said, i started playing a pvp tamer years ago because i had nasty bad ping and lag, so i needed it to even the playing field.

so its ok for me to use them.... everyone else that uses them are just lame.

hehe

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we should ban mages from pvp.
they are far too versatile.

and anyone with the poison skill.
cause its just plain mean and i dont wanna have to carry greater cure pots since they made them so damn heavy.

and gargoyles.
come on.... really?
no, they cant play with us.

and no archers.
its not fair that they can hit us from across the screen.

and since we are discussing it melee characters shouldn't be allowed in either.
the hit too damn hard!

and no one with stealth!
its too unfair that they can move around and i cant see them!

and anyone who wears red or orange colored robes.
its far too confusing with those colors being in use with the faction and fel system allready.

and lavender too.... just cause its a ugly color that serves no purpose other then being a divider between yellow and blue.

getting the picture?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As a faction red (most of the time) yes to removing npc's, if TB base were to stay there (I'd much rather just see the base moved outside of town, it's silly that the others are all remote now but TB is smack in the middle of brit, I'd also like the castle to actually be usable by non-faction players)

No to removing guard zones
Agree, special on Siege, it's sad non factions can't use the castle.
There must be a better place near Brit, maybe at the Despise mountains north of Brit