• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Removal of Faction Arties.

G

GonthraX

I say all these threads are wack...But that's just me.

It's all a broken record now and too many non-pvpers feel their opinions are worth a damn. There, I said it! :sad4:

:popcorn:
I was in your ventrilos, there was no love.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My wyrm died and the DF 1hit my dexxer... now I gotta recast wraith form /frown

On another note, oops I accidentially all of them.
That pic is from prodo where a guy duped a bunch of items. Nothing like that on Siege :(
QFT, except it was a guild that did it and most got the ban stick on all accts that were involved. Jaster and/Gloria could tell you all about it, they were in that guild. :p
Wow...that picture is a blast from the past. Wasn't that what got Golrath and his guild banned???

G

GonthraX

My wyrm died and the DF 1hit my dexxer... now I gotta recast wraith form /frown

On another note, oops I accidentially all of them.
That pic is from prodo where a guy duped a bunch of items. Nothing like that on Siege :(
QFT, except it was a guild that did it and most got the ban stick on all accts that were involved. Jaster and/Gloria could tell you all about it, they were in that guild. :p
Wow...that picture is a blast from the past. Wasn't that what got Golrath and his guild banned???
Something like that. My entire photobucket is a blast from the past.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

No one has given one valid statment why faction arties should go, lol

The only thing i hear are trammies who play siege crying about faction items because they are to scared to pvp...

Its a item based game,

Either they allow insurance or turn the shard into a classic, Two simple options i am for either one

V

Vaelix

The only thing i hear are trammies who play siege crying about faction items because they are to scared to pvp...

Its a item based game,

Either they allow insurance or turn the shard into a classic, Two simple options i am for either one
:heart:

Do you wanna hook up sometime? :thumbup1:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Its a item based game,

:heart:

Do you wanna hook up sometime? :thumbup1:
Could it be your skills in reading or understanding the problem that sucks?

Look like only one thing matter to you, that's how YOU can be a PvP GOD, who want to win on any cost.

It do not matter if it destroy the community on the shard.
It's people like you, who are the reason Siege is dying.

You do not care about the rest of the shard, you only care what is good for you and other selffish powergamers.

Siege don't need you, we need people who want to rebuild the community.

Siege is not only about PvP, it's much more, you never ever understod that.

V

Vaelix

Could it be your skills in reading or understanding the problem that sucks?

Look like only one thing matter to you, that's how YOU can be a PvP GOD, who want to win on any cost.

It do not matter if it destroy the community on the shard.
It's people like you, who are the reason Siege is dying.

You do not care about the rest of the shard, you only care what is good for you and other selffish powergamers.

Siege don't need you, we need people who want to rebuild the community.

Siege is not only about PvP, it's much more, you never ever understod that.
You are interested in the RP Community.

I am interested in the PvP Community.

You Force your opinions onto Us.

We Force our Opinions onto you.

I've been actively pvping for the past three years and have watched what has deminished the players *In that time frame*

However, I dont think i've *Ever* seen you in game.

Heres the thing, If you go to prodo, you will see that PvP is 90% Restricted to Factions.

Ultima Online is tailored to production shards.

Siege Perilous is a Shard on Ultima Online (See where im going with this)

The changes you and the others are asking for Involves *ALOT* of dev time and attention.

The changes i am asking for are *Extremely* Simple.

I've played Siege for the past 2 Weeks, within this time I've fought 1 Non Factioner completely decked out in Cursed Arties, We had a Good fight.. Neither of us died..

The Arties exist on Siege, Why arnt you and your Supporters running them? Where are you? Why arnt you PvPing Daily? Why arnt you Farming ML Arties? Are you doing treasure maps for Arties to PvP with?

What you are really asking for is UO 10 Years ago.. Non Item based PvP, well guess what.

That
Is
Not
Going
To
Happen

UO has evolved.

I play this game to PvP, Faction Arties allow this to be done on siege easier than Any other system on UO Currently. Im asking for Changes that Affect *PvP*

You play this game for other reasons, How about you ask for changes that Affect those? How about we get you a nice little super emote system so you can do all the dreamy things that come with RPing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Heres the thing, If you go to prodo, you will see that PvP is 90% Restricted to Factions.

Ultima Online is tailored to production shards.

Siege Perilous is a Shard on Ultima Online (See where im going with this)

The changes you and the others are asking for Involves *ALOT* of dev time and attention.

The changes i am asking for are *Extremely* Simple.
I left the Trammel shards when Siege was born 10 + years ago, there is no way back for me.

The Arties exist on Siege, Why arnt you and your Supporters running them?
I use crafted items, I always do

Where are you?

Sure not at Luna

Why arnt you PvPing Daily?
Because I'm EU time, because I have a RL too so I can't play 24/7

Why arnt you Farming ML Arties? Are you doing treasure maps for Arties to PvP with?
I'm farming stuff for imbuing and other crafted items.

What you are really asking for is UO 10 Years ago.. Non Item based PvP, well guess what.
Sinse when is Imbued items not item based?

I play this game to PvP, Faction Arties allow this to be done on siege easier than Any other system on UO Currently. Im asking for Changes that Affect *PvP*
You are asking for changes that will hurt the shard as whole

You play this game for other reasons, How about you ask for changes that Affect those?
I do that all the time but sadly they won't help a selfish powergamer like you.

How about we get you a nice little super emote system so you can do all the dreamy things that come with RPing.
My RP is not builded over some kind of RP laungue, it's just about a reason to attack and about sharing some fun.

V

Vaelix

I've gone back and forth between Luna and Umbra for the past 15 Minutes, Big surprise that you are no where to be found.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* You two cracked me up this morning... Debating this issue on the forums, in chat and in game. Can't get much more interactive than that.

For me, it basically boils down to the definition of MMORPG. It is my hope that a satisfactory solution will come from the new faction system. Instead of hitting the "easy button" for artifacts, crafters will be required to make said items.

Warriors gather the compo nets (silver), control a town via some system and have crafters and others use their "mojo" to create cool stuff.

And for the love of what every is holy/unholy... lose the instance on them.

The point of factions now is farm silver and have items. I am against anything that pushes the faction system further from the main game.

So... Define MMORPG. We will go from there. I have to go do the dishes now. Back later.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Oh we found each others. I do still don't like factions artifacts.

I like all to be able to PvP without having to be in faction.

The solusion is not to force all to join faction or say, if you want to PvP, join faction.

There had been several ideas the last days and if we all try to think about what is good for the shard, I'm sure we can agree about something.

F

Førsaken

FrejaSP, I think some Hello Kitty Online would do you some good...Maybe some SIMS Online? Get your RP on?

Seriously, stfu already with your constant crying about items. It's called, EXPANSIONS for a reason. It won't suit everyone, but they try to base it around majority, and guess what? You're far, far away from majority.

The End!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
FrejaSP, I think some Hello Kitty Online would do you some good...Maybe some SIMS Online? Get your RP on?

Seriously, stfu already with your constant crying about items. It's called, EXPANSIONS for a reason. It won't suit everyone, but they try to base it around majority, and guess what? You're far, far away from majority.

The End!
I'm not the one crying here, I just want to be able to PvP without joining faction.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Wow! Sakey said, "The End!"

I guess that's it then.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Oh we found each others. I do still don't like factions artifacts.

I like all to be able to PvP without having to be in faction.

The solusion is not to force all to join faction or say, if you want to PvP, join faction.

There had been several ideas the last days and if we all try to think about what is good for the shard, I'm sure we can agree about something.
Actually the solution would be to allow Insurance on siege so not everyone is forced to join factions and could still benefit from a normal suit,

DCI LMC HCI SDI is all capped and its a very low cap, you can easily build a quality pvp suit without being in factions if you allowed insurance, this would force more people out of factions because they are not good enough to play it and form a lot more bigger zerg guilds who don't need the items to pvp.

Maybe making it so stuff could not be forted up to 250, instead make the fort cap 150....

if people run 1 char and play it all the time, while farming and pvp their durability will go through the roof...

you need to stop being a dumb female and look outside of the box freja.. think like a man for once or like a gm

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Insurance should never hit Siege, that will hurt the crafters and make the economy as sick as on normal shards.

The problem with imbuing is DCI HCI, they are very espensive to add and you can't add as much to a suit as you get from factions items.

70 DCI is far to much, cap it at 40. I don't know the cap for the others.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

he dci cap is 45 soft cap, 70 is what you want as a hard cap, so when someone hits youwith hld that drops your dci -25 your still at cap.... pretty simple,

spirit of totem 15 hci ring 15 hci bracelet = 45 hci,
fey leggings 20 dci quiver 5 dci 5 dci on robe, 15 on ring =equal 45 dci...
Rune beetle 15 lmc 8 lmc 2 mr on gloves legs neck, equal 39 lmc, or something close... plus 10 mr,

now you still have like 700 points to put on jewels for your temp, plus your weapon and your talisman...

all that stuff needs to be imbued by a imbuer, and the resources need to be farmed. for each suit which could take a while.....

but I just provided you with a quality awesome suit for a dexxer without being in factions...

and if you added insurance you could add 15 to each piece it would be well worth the expense, also those items need to be farmed and would take a while with the other 100 pvpers trying to build their suit,

the only person who can 100% benefit from sa at the moment is the crafter, they have no fear of dying and can do anything they want from the safety of their house...

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Anyways anything you say Freja any problem that you currently have with the server can be fixed with adding insurance,

Crafters make more money, more things to sell, Armor. enchanted armor Powder of fort wow powder of fort will sell for like 60k per,

crafters will never go out of business,

they just wont be making suits for for people and seing the fact you dont even know the dci cap i dont think you should be making them,

Pvmers ya you don't like to pvp, well with the new addition to pvpers your not gonna have much of a choice, you can do your sa spawns champ spawns lady mels peerlesses but that is the risk of hunting in fel, if you can do it then your gonan need to leave and move to a trammel shard, or join up with a pvp guild to protect you..

However if you keep bringing in SA resources and reflic frags, Arties people will continue to buy from you and you will make more money now then ever before...

PvPers,

If you don't like being in stat loss insurance is the way for you. allows you to make competitive suits on par with factions suits, and can make lrc suits that allows U to keep fighting even after death, this is a big advantage with 70% of the population only has 1 char, if your guild is getting raided, by tb, more than likely minax will come in and they will kill one another,

Factions,

you guys are hard core pvpers and will be pretty much the ones getting ****ed if the add insurance, yak you will get uber suits but you will need to deal with all the top pvpers from production shards putting you in stat every 20 min. Its not gonna be a easy transition but those of you who like to pvp and want more action this is how you will get it...

This is my idea why insurance would help us all...

now please freja if you have an opinon i would like you to post some facts on how your changes or my changes would hurt siege give me examples,

Sell me on why you think everything is fine right now

Afterglow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is this supposed to become? Siege, a shard built around PvP needs?
What does Siege stand for and how can we find a mix between what is was supposed to be, what it was, what it is and what it shall become.
what makes Siege differ from the other prodo shards? what do you want to make it differ?

another question, why do you PvP on Siege and not on prodo or even on test center, what makes it different to you?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Its a item based game,

So the people who play Siege are Trammies? Interesting.

Well, at least I don´t hear these "Trammies" asking for insurance cuz they are afraid of losing their items. That would be you...

F

Førsaken

Yeah...I'm pretty anti-insurance for Siege Perilous, I like the risk factor. *Assuming there will really ever be one again...*

A

Arden

Insurance on siege is ********. The whole idea of playing siege is to be able to take peoples stuff after you kill them. THAT very reason is why I loved siege and loved uo. There is no risk in losing a few thousand gold every time you die.

PvP drives siege, when the pvp goes to ****, the shard goes to ****.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nyms castle.

And LOL @ the non-pvpers crying about not wanting to take the same risks, but get the same rewards.

Oh, the irony... especially when we get to read right afterwards that they don't want insurance. Make up your minds people!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
LOL @ the PvPers who think they should get a bonus for taking essentially the same risks any of us take. Faction artifacts is a broken system.

How does that go? Oh yeah. The End!

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nyms castle.

And LOL @ the non-pvpers crying about not wanting to take the same risks, but get the same rewards.

Oh, the irony... especially when we get to read right afterwards that they don't want insurance. Make up your minds people!
Those duped artifacts were not cursed artifacts.

If can we be honest for a second..at a k of silver per level of artifact it is almost insurance. At that price I would have like 30-40 of my faction suits sitting on the floor of my keep. Not alot of risk vs reward imho

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL @ the PvPers who think they should get a bonus for taking essentially the same risks any of us take. Faction artifacts is a broken system.

Is essentially the same, the same as the same? Or is it essentially different? Or do I need to describe the kind of genius you had to have been in order to come up with that crap?

Calling someone you don't know a bad word on the internet is unacceptable, but lying through your teeth is some how held in high regards here.

My, my... what ethics. We all should be so proud.

The End!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*shrugs* We will see. The whole system is being sent back to the drawing board.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nyms castle.

If can we be honest for a second..at a k of silver per level of artifact it is almost insurance. At that price I would have like 30-40 of my faction suits sitting on the floor of my keep. Not alot of risk vs reward imho
If we can be honest for a second... it's not.

The fact that you have to keep a stock of suits means it's nothing like insurance.. your stock will run out and you will have to go earn more.

Now if you knocked the price down to 1 silver coin per level... then we can talk about it being like insurance. Even at 1k silver per... a suits still going to run the average player a good amount of silver. It just won't be the currently high amount that the average player gets buttsore over when they die..

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shrugs* We will see. The whole system is being sent back to the drawing board.
The way I understood it was. The faction bases and the way the point system works is whats under construction. Point system obviously effecting how many points and how points are earned in order to wear the faction gear...

The gear is definitely not going anywhere.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am not sure where you see I am the minority... But OK. You bluster away. it is all going to change anyway.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure where you see I am the minority... But OK. You bluster away. it is all going to change anyway.

And I am not sure where you DONT see you are the minority... but OK. Hold your breath! it's not all going to change, faction arties are here to stay.

ANYWAYS :lol:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You sound really positive in your belief. Hang on to that...

Yet you play other shards and other games. I keep up with this one. You really have no clue. It is all going to change.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I do not claim to have a clue... Factions as we knew it is done.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nyms castle.

The fact that you have to keep a stock of suits means it's nothing like insurance.. your stock will run out and you will have to go earn more.

Now if you knocked the price down to 1 silver coin per level... then we can talk about it being like insurance. Even at 1k silver per... a suits still going to run the average player a good amount of silver. It just won't be the currently high amount that the average player gets buttsore over when they die..
Course its nothing like insurance. I mean it won't be like one afk silver farmer for a month won't be able to supply a whole guild for months of suits. Hell it'll be like one great big test center for everyone rolleyes:

V

Vaelix

Course its nothing like insurance. I mean it won't be like one afk silver farmer for a month won't be able to supply a whole guild for months of suits. Hell it'll be like one great big test center for everyone rolleyes:
Opposed to an Empty shard where PvPers do not log in because they cannot spend 10 Hours a Day Farming Silver just to die in seconds to a mistake and lose it all?

Only tamers can Farm AFK Btw.. Not all of us farm with Tamers.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nyms castle.

Yeah... that's it. You know so well what would happen. I'm sure someone will be able to afk farm silver without ever being found or killed. Yep.

I'm sure you'll be able to supply a whole guild for months, when currently... you can't even properly supply ONE ****ing guy on your squad for more than a day.

Yep!

That makes total sense.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It does not matter much how we feel or think. It is going to change. That is set in stone.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah... that's it. You know so well what would happen. I'm sure someone will be able to afk farm silver without ever being found or killed. Yep.

I'm sure you'll be able to supply a whole guild for months, when currently... you can't even properly supply ONE ****ing guy on your squad for more than a day.

Yep!

That makes total sense.
Are you dense?? Didn't I just mention I have tons of suits and plenty of silver lol

yep!! lol

V

Vaelix

Are you dense?? Didn't I just mention I have tons of suits and plenty of silver lol

yep!! lol
You have been playing here a long time and most likely have access to a tamer.

New players do not want to Dedicate their 1 Character to a PvMer (If they are PvPers) Just to be able to Suit up.

Faction silver allows Any PvP Template to Farm for Silver, the only problem is people dont have 10 Hours a Day to Spend Farming Silver (Because not everyone breaks the rules and farms afk)

Lowering the prices allows newer players to be able to Jump into PvP Quicker and easier, while still having a Competitive suit.

A

Arden

You can hide in guard zone...how is it the same risk. Join a faction see what its like to be attack-able every where. Maybe if they took the guardsystem out of siege, you can claim "essentialy the same risks." Have you ever even owned a red Kelmo?

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Opposed to an Empty shard where PvPers do not log in because they cannot spend 10 Hours a Day Farming Silver just to die in seconds to a mistake and lose it all?

Only tamers can Farm AFK Btw.. Not all of us farm with Tamers.
Hate to break it to you Vaelix...but when you were on your break from UO pvp was fairly busy. JSV had a ton of people logging in nightly. TNT had a ton of people logging in nightly. SP! was on a break during that time. Now it appears JSV is on a break, TNT mainly the same and SP! has numbers. It wasn't the price of silver that made people take a break...it was Luna fighting and blue non faction pets.