• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reminder : Elections....

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know that, but it just seems too easy to fix an election that way, but understand the need with lower populations. You should need some level of city loyalty to vote, but to utilize a city bonus only need citizenship. That way you need to contribute to a city in order to vote, not just walk up to the stone, declare citizenship, then vote.

Anyway, good luck to all that are running for office.
Or give more weight to votes cast by those that have noble titles, at least the titles would mean something then. Since you can't easily city-hop and regain a higher title, as you lose it when you renounce.

At Europa though, I made a list of all the people that have a loyalty title to one city or another (worked on list right since the city stuff started over a year ago). 91 names on the list but that's probably many belonging to the same account, as there are 4 chars of mine on there.

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alas it's not; since you posted, Skara Brae and Trinsic stones have become bugged again on Europa...
They have to fix the stones manually (Minoc-Europa was broken twice today but fixed pretty fast) but they are working on a more permanent solution.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(snipped image)
Thank you for posting that, it's good to see that concerns raised before the system went live were included.

Sadly on Europa we don't have any King Blackthorn at all at the moment, as we don't have any EMs... and one of the elections was turned into a completely nasty, utterly against the spirit of the ideal shambles. Unfortunately it was also the election I was running in, and although all the drama happened when I'd long gone to bed, there's been considerable ill will generated because of it, including for me personally as I tried to be respectful of the wider sensitivities, but woke up to be bombarded by howls of rage via ICQ. So at this point, whilst I'm glad it seems most shards have dodged a bullet... presently I still feel what I did at the start, I wish they'd never added the system in the first place, at least not with such an obvious lure for the PvP crowd who want to win at any cost, and tried to mix it in with something attractive to the roleplaying crowd who put character above all else.

Last edited:

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations Governor Frarc! :) Thanks for posting the acceptance screen. Interesting conditions. One thing that kind of annoys me is the fees that are being extracted from the city treasury (for what I don't know). It might be difficult for governors to encourage continued donations if a percentage of them float off into oblivion like vendor fees! Not sure why this is necessary?

Congratulations to all the Govenors!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations Governor Frarc! :) Thanks for posting the acceptance screen. Interesting conditions. One thing that kind of annoys me is the fees that are being extracted from the city treasury (for what I don't know). It might be difficult for governors to encourage continued donations if a percentage of them float off into oblivion like vendor fees! Not sure why this is necessary?

I noticed that Morgan Ironfist suggested on the Siege forum that people hold off until shortly before a trade deal expires after a week before they make their next donation, to avoid having so much of it eaten up in fees, or give the money to him directly to use for the donation. I'm not sure if all deals run for a week from the time they are set up or if they all expire on Saturday, as mentioned in Morgan's post. I suspect each deal has its own expiration date/time. It sounded like he also wasn't sure on the cost of a trade deal. Also, I couldn't tell form his post if trade deals do indeed cost 2 million, is that specific to Siege or Mugen or the same on every shard.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/dear-citizen-of-new-magincia.300761/#post-2281008

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed that Morgan Ironfist suggested on the Siege forum that people hold off until shortly before a trade deal expires after a week before they make their next donation, to avoid having so much of it eaten up in fees, or give the money to him directly to use for the donation. I'm not sure if all deals run for a week from the time they are set up or if they all expire on Saturday, as mentioned in Morgan's post. I suspect each deal has its own expiration date/time. It sounded like he also wasn't sure on the cost of a trade deal. Also, I couldn't tell form his post if trade deals do indeed cost 2 million, is that specific to Siege or Mugen or the same on every shard.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/dear-citizen-of-new-magincia.300761/#post-2281008
Sighs. It's in the publish 81 notes on uo.com still. Another reason why I regret this was ever added; half the people running didn't even understand what the system was. And to be fair, a lot of it hasn't been announced, the EMs have been given briefings, I'm told off the record, about what sort of powers the Governor will also have, that aren't listed publicly anywhere.

But just to recap:

1.) Gold goes into the stone, from anyone who is a citizen
2.) When the Trade Deal is chosen, 2 million is withdrawn from the stone. For any shard.
3.) The trade deal, unless changed, is permanent for that Governors reign, ie 3 months
4.) There's a 7 day timer on changing the buff. Once changed, another 2 million would be charged.
5.) You claim it as an individual every day from the stone in Trammel.
6.) The balance of gold on the stone goes down by 5% every day.

Someone told me they had to be Revered to claim the buff; I've not tested that because frankly, I don't need it or care any more what happens with the system. It's possibly not "Working As Intended" anyway, like the stones themselves weren't. But the patch notes have been up for some time and that's what it's supposed to do.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has to be ''Respected'' not Revered to get the trade deal buff...

TO get Respected from 0 Loyalty, you need to give 5k iron ingots to the donation Crate located at docks of each towns I think...

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.) Gold goes into the stone, from anyone who is a citizen

The Herald accept the gold from everyone, even f you are citizens or loyal to another town. They are not picky from who them donations are from. :)

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I included the image of the accepting screen on Britannia Loyalty & Councils page.

For the donations (and this is a wild guess) Maybe they are used for future improvements to build in our towns.

And Adol is right, the trade deals are permanent unless they are changed. Then you pay 2 million.

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

"Trade deals can be changed once per real world week and persist indefinitely."

Shouldn't that mean even beyond an election, if the governor chooses not to change it?

Then again, the Publish 81 notes said nothing about having to be Respected or above.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elections have been restarted.
One week to nominate yourself.
Good Luck! :)

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Results on Europa: two pointless meetings, all requests from governors denied or simply not acted on.

Will likely not run again, at this moment I'm wondering if I should bother continuing to play this game at all.

Yet another dev-fail. :(

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IM thinking of closing half of my accounts, the game is getting boring. Will stay on my two main tho and see from times to times what new content they will release

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friends and enemies were looking for the election stones in fel, this is for blues only?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friends and enemies were looking for the election stones in fel, this is for blues only?
The Council is an institution of the Crown. The Crown doesn't run Felucca. Political control of Felucca is done by whatever Faction happens to have whichever city, and effective control is by whatever big PK guild happens to be predominant at the moment.

This is not new information.

-Galen's player

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mervyn looking at that ? I'm out. I don't want to be here when the cops come. (they will never come anyway, but... stay away from him. Really. I may smell, he's worse. )